MY RESTORED YAMAHAS

URBANTIGER
This post is 5594 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HI GUYS..

SOME PICS OF MY RESTORED RD250E..DT250MX AND RD250LC...WANTING A DT400 B TO DO NEXT..ANY HELP?

DSC017555-1.jpg

dt25.JPG

MAY07005.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, have you taken them to any shows?

Hi, have you taken them to any shows?

hi

no i havent taken to any shows...

im a northern irish guy now living in skipton...the dt and lc is at my mothers in ireland...just got the rd250e and a gsxr here in skipton..

next time im over in ireland gonna bring the dt back here with me..

cheers

sean

• 11 months later...

Fantastic job you have done. I have just got a 1980 250e yellow and black and plan to restore it. What were the major problems and hardest parts to find. Mine is working and has a MOT still. Both numbers match as well.

• 2 weeks later...

HI GUYS..

SOME PICS OF MY RESTORED RD250E..DT250MX AND RD250LC...WANTING A DT400 B TO DO NEXT..ANY HELP?

DSC017555-1.jpg

dt25.JPG

MAY07005.jpg

SWEEEET ! looks like she just came out of the factory !!!!!

• 5 months later...

:blink:

powdercoat casings but not barrels i know from experience with my RD 400

they overheat and seize

merv

---------------------------------

EXCUSE THE Ignorance Merv " but wot caused the seizure??? can"t the heat dissapate ?? :blink:

do not dissipate the heat i reckon, 3 seizures, well melted pistons one on the m5 at 80 mph. luckily i felt it stasrt too go pulled in clutch and cruised too hard shoulder, managed too imp it home 50 miles though, swapped barrles for one painted with pj1 using gen yam pistons and this year np probs, including a 200 mile day out thrashing up and down cheddar

Heres Steve Perkins going up the gorge on his 400

Perky at cheddar

merv

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online