XS1100

SCOTTTT
This post is 5073 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

XS1100 1978

I does any one own a XS1100. I really need to sort these pipes out. I have a petrol tap each side of the tank with 2 outletts. and 4 petrol pipes on the carbs. I have changed them all round but it still keeps pouring petrol out of the back of the carbs. I wonder if any of you guys have a xs1100 and can tell me or send me a pic which way these pipes go.

Thanks Guys

Scotttt

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

XS1100 1978

I does any one own a XS1100. I really need to sort these pipes out. I have a petrol tap each side of the tank with 2 outletts. and 4 petrol pipes on the carbs. I have changed them all round but it still keeps pouring petrol out of the back of the carbs. I wonder if any of you guys have a xs1100 and can tell me or send me a pic which way these pipes go.

Thanks Guys

Scotttt

www.xs11.com

Everything you ever wanted to know about Xs's

• 3 weeks later...

www.xs11.com

Hi there, I own 2, and I know a load off other owners. You could try our forum, its XS1100.co.uk, its a register, not a club. and its where we tend to air any questions we have. If you would rather not, drop me a line, ill sort you out some photos of the set up

Dean

• 9 months later...

XS1100 1978

Thanks Guys

Scotttt

1. I suspect it's your float valve that is not working well or stuck up. Try to overhaul & synchronize the carbs.

2. If your float valve is ok then it's your petcock. We are using a diapragm type of fuel petcock. Once the engine starts, the diaphram will open & supply gas to the carb. Once you stop the engine the diaphram will also stop the supply. So no more overflowing of gas to your carb.

3. Try to check the replacement parts from Partsnmore. They have a cheap manual on/off petcock.

Hope this will helps. :)

• 2 years later...

www.xs11.com

There is another reason why fuel could pour out of the back of your carbs. If the vent hole in your gas tank cap is plugged then your gas tank will be air locked and starve your carbs for fuel. If your floats are very low because of this then they can get stuck down so that when fuel does finally get through they are stuck open and let the fuel pour through. This happened to me on my 1980 special a couple of times before I figured it out.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online