04 Yamaha Aerox

frainey
This post is 5071 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, im new to the forum.

i used to own a baotian 50cc 4 stroke ped but i got tired of it being so slow.

So i sold it for £400 and put £100 towards it and bought one off autotrader.

Now, there is only a small prob with it as it has manual choke.

When i do not press the choke while riding the bike crawls to 30, but if i press it in say halfway the bike will shoot off and do a nice 55MPH.

If i press the choke in on idle it will cut the bike out so im a little confused.

How can i fix it so the bike will do a nice 55MPH without the need to choke it.

Thanks. ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I am no expert on 2 stokes unfortunately,

however it sounds like its due to the fueling as ive heard of similar probs being linking with the carb, it might be worth looking at the carb set up see if its running lean as if it was that might explain the lack of power. Also check all the usuals like air filter and fuel lines.

Any body with a better 2 stroke knowledge about?!?!?

:blink::blink::blink:

• 2 weeks later...

With my aerox i only need the choke to start it and after 15 seconds i turn it off and if i put it on again mine cuts out

is the engine revving going up to 30 or does the engine sound slow ?

might be your rollers if not

check your carb make sure its clean you shouldnt have many problems with a 3 year old bike mines a 2001 and the performance is the same as when it left the showroom

• 9 months later...

Orite bois i am new to this forum and i am woundering what exhaust you would recommend i have a yamaha aerox 2007, i was thinking about getting either a leo vinci zx or a giannelli reverse !. What one would you go for out of the two or do u recommend any other exhausts ? i need help despritly lol

thanks warren

Orite bois i am new to this forum and i am woundering what exhaust you would recommend i have a yamaha aerox 2007, i was thinking about getting either a leo vinci zx or a giannelli reverse !. What one would you go for out of the two or do u recommend any other exhausts ? i need help despritly lol

thanks warren

DON'T TOUCH TECHNIGAS!

slap a leo vinci TT on

good pipe :)

On another forum i have been told to go for a yasuni ! do you now any thing about them ?

Is the leo vinci TT better than the zx ? :unsure:

no, zx i a tad bit better but they tend to be more on the expensice side

but if u get a zx for £100 or less grab it...bargain :D

yasuni are pipes used more with big bores...or so i have been told

• 7 months later...

no, zx i a tad bit better but they tend to be more on the expensice side

but if u get a zx for £100 or less grab it...bargain :D

yasuni are pipes used more with big bores...or so i have been told

I have got a polini racing team exhaust and they are the dogs @*!@#*!

They are a bit expensive but really worth the money.

running lean, when you press the choke in half way it richens the mixture enough to get the engine running at its optimum, but when it is idling and you push it in half way when its warm it floods the engine and stalls it.

have you put a new exhaust, air filter or any performance mods on it? i reccomend changing your fuel jets up a size and trying it then :)

• 2 weeks later...

i reccomend changing your fuel jets up a size and trying it then

or at least make sure they're clean...

Have you tried using redex?

• 2 weeks later...

my yamaha aerox 56 reg wont start its been in the garage and stopped starting on the electric start earlier in december but carried on working with a easy kick but now its completed stopped working i havent been able to start it and ive now brought it inside my house because of the cold weather to see if it gets better but it hasnt can anyone help? im a real beginner with bikes i can just about manage to put petrol in and top the oil up thats all i can do.

tbh leave your mopeds standard, they aint gona get past 50mph

probably needs a new spark plug - with 2 strokes these have to be changed very regularly.

this is very likely if itll start on the kick but not by lectrickery.

• 1 year later...

hi guys i have a yamaha aerox 50cc 2005 plate i have just bought a vice TT exhaust and i stuggled to fit it last night their was screws missing i got it brand new of adrenalin web site and when i have road it today the bottom of the exhaust has all gone black like its burnt i was just wondering have i fitted it wrong or is that right not sure please help thanks

ash g :)

• 1 month later...

hello i am new to this forum but does any one no the best rollers to put in a 50cc aerox with a gianelli reverse exhaust on it i have 4.5 in at the moment and its been upjetted twice and a malossi variator and clutch help please :unsure: