Check oil on sidestand?

jbri
This post is 6151 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

I have a 1988 xv250. According to the manual the bike should be positioned "straight up" when checking the oil. Is this true or should it be on the sidestand?

Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Haha, well thank you renegade. Sorry for asking a dumb question but I just wanted to be sure. I am new to this stuff. At least I got one useful answer so if I think of any more dumb questions I'm gonna have to ask! Feel free to award me with more "Assclown Awards"!

BTW, Eddy, what is BingBong. And my roommate asked a good question: How do you suck something with your leg?

Nice one jbri! Always take a reading on a level surface....warm the bike up first, leave about 10 minutes, then test the level. That way you should get an accurate reading.

And don't forget....change that oil regularly!

And ignore Eddy.....he's a fucking idiot! :lol:

basically what xtremem said.

edddy you cocksucking faggot which shitty arse hold did you crawl from, vin diesels again? you prick! :lol:

go on push off!! :D :D

Perhaps we all could be a little more tolerant?

I don't have a centre stand on my bike. When I want to check oil level I sit astride the bike while wifey looks at the oil window on the sump.

But can you guess how to get the rear wheel out without a centre stand (or pit stands etc), huh.......?

If you're nice to jbri I'll let you into a big secret.......

But remember, be nice.

Bee Pee

Perhaps we all could be a little more tolerant?

o i quite agree, but manners and things like that don't apply to pieces of spermguzzeling shit like eddy!!

really he has a secret crush on mozzy but it is too shy to admit it... :o

:D :D i too have no side stand i hold on the front brake and view it that way, :D :D

Thanks guys! This seems like a decent place to hang around. I just got this bike last summer as my first bike. I'm looking forward to puting some significant mileage on her this season, and learning as much as I can. Next year I plan up getting a bigger bike.

Goddamit! I lost my ballsucking leg at BingBong to give you punkass faggots the freedom to post chit on the Internet.

If any more of you spermguzzlers got dumbass questions then just PM that cocksucker Moseley.

My goodness you are quite the speaker. It is a good thing this is a free country and you are allowed to show your ignorance it such a manner.

Interesting bunch of replies.....my dealer just said to use a brick. Put it under the kickstand. Be careful just how straight up and down you get it. If you can see oil with it on that brick, they said that was close enough.

-Six

Interesting bunch of replies.....my dealer just said to use a brick. Put it under the kickstand. Be careful just how straight up and down you get it. If you can see oil with it on that brick, they said that was close enough.

-Six

Nice. I was just kneeling on the side and balancing it upright with my seat on the hand*... quite precariously. I think the best way is to have someone else check it or balance the bike for you stradling it of course.

*I'm leaving that typo cuz its funny.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online