My New Bike - R6

Muzz
This post is 6124 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Everyone

Went out on my new bike for the first time on Sunday morning, i went for a leisurely 1 hr ride down some nice wide country roads and through a few little villages. Brilliant start to the day.

As for the bike it's amazing, i have to say though that i don't think i took it above 8000rpm, it's my first bike so i'm not going to go silly, i've got a hell of a lot of riding to do before i'm evening compatent but i'll just take it easy to start, anyway here's a few pictures.

DSCF0647.jpg

DSCF0651.jpg

DSCF0649.jpg

DSC001082.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Ride Muzz! B)

You'll enjoy the hell outta that beast when you get a bit more experience :thumb: .......

Cuz your bike is just starting to breathe @ 8,000rpm :blink:B)

Nice Ride Muzz! B)

You'll enjoy the hell outta that beast when you get a bit more experience :thumb: .......

Cuz your bike is just starting to breathe @ 8,000rpm :blink:B)

Ha think i was a bit of a tart! ;) I'll have my brave pants on next time and take it to 10000 rpm :D

love it mate!! looks awesome!

Just take it easy and you will have nothing but fun on the R6's!!

I was going to wait until the weekend but can't stop thinking about going out for a little ride this evening.

I will take it nice and easy, i like it in that shape :D

How was the ride then?!?! lol

Just looking at your pics, are you missing a piece of fairing that goes in front of the manifold or are my eyes going funny?!?!

:blink:

How was the ride then?!?! lol

Just looking at your pics, are you missing a piece of fairing that goes in front of the manifold or are my eyes going funny?!?!

:blink:

good spot

:angry:

Also expert bike people, does anyone know what that tubular thing is thats under the seat in the last picture?

Remote reservoir for the shock ;)

looks a bit like a 12v neon bar!!! lol

:blink::blink::blink:

Very much doubt it is though!! lol

Ive been looking on google to try and find pics to see about that bit of V shaped fairing and i cant see properly if it is there or not?!?!

Anyone else with an 05 model able to help on this one?!?!

Ive been looking on google to try and find pics to see about that bit of V shaped fairing and i cant see properly if it is there or not?!?!

Sorry for being a numpty do you mean in the front on pictures, to cover the exaust down pipes? It would be helpful if you could let me know as i'll return it to the dealer

One other question about my new bike, it's 12 months old and is due a service, when i bought it they said all bikes were serviced before sale so assumed it would be the needed service and i'd have a stamp in the book but i haven't, would a pre delivery service be different from a scheduled one and will i have to pay for a service immediately now but in additon to the price of the bike.

hi yes all 2005 r6 come a v shaped fairing on them... think your right with neon bar thought may have been a scotoiler at first glance until bigger pics were posted not seen that before likes like wires disapear under seat...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online