Maxim 650 1982

papadopolis
This post is 5644 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all! Just got my Maxim a few days ago and I want to change the oil but I can't find the specs anywhere. It didn't come with a manual and nothing is visible through the oil window. I was hoping someone would know how much to refill. Also, my Virago had a different rear suspension system, does anyone know how to adjust the shocks on the Maxim? I have an idea but I don't want to mess it up. Thanks. Peace and carrots.

_dave

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all! Just got my Maxim a few days ago and I want to change the oil but I can't find the specs anywhere. It didn't come with a manual and nothing is visible through the oil window. I was hoping someone would know how much to refill. Also, my Virago had a different rear suspension system, does anyone know how to adjust the shocks on the Maxim? I have an idea but I don't want to mess it up. Thanks. Peace and carrots.

_dave

_dave

oil should be added to just below the top of the sight glass you should be able to see a small bubble

Haynes manual states XJ650 11N and XJ650 RJ 2.95 liter or 6.2 pints with filter

all other XJ650 2.65 liter 5.65 pints with filter

no disrespect to this site but you might want to check out XJ Bikes.com lots of XJ info there

• 2 weeks later...

_dave

Hello all: does anyone know how to adjust the shocks?

Thanks

• 1 year later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online