DT125R

This post is 6066 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

Ive just bought a 1990 dt125r, i have replaced the wiring loom as it had been cut up by the previous owener. I know have a spark,cleaned the carb,when i kick it over it occasionaly tries to start, has anyone any ideas why it wont start? any help appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have you tried rolling it to start?

Not tried yet but shall do, im assuming if its sparking the the timing side of things are ok, and the plug is wet after a session of kicking so its petting fuel, im stuck to why its not firing up.

thanks

i doubt it will be this but if you have had to redo the wiring there maybe a problem with the ignition mine was the same, i have to kick it and turn the key to the "on" at the same time as kicking and it fires up firse time but if i dont theres a spark ect but wont fire.

i doubt it will be this but if you have had to redo the wiring there maybe a problem with the ignition mine was the same, i have to kick it and turn the key to the "on" at the same time as kicking and it fires up firse time but if i dont theres a spark ect but wont fire.

i've bought a new wiring loom expensive but worth it if it starts, will let you know the outcome

i've bought a new wiring loom expensive but worth it if it starts, will let you know the outcome

finally got the wee bike started after fitting a new loom, infact even to my surprise it fired on 2nd kick, not long till im on the road. thanks all for their help.

:P

• 4 weeks later...

finally got the wee bike started after fitting a new loom, infact even to my surprise it fired on 2nd kick, not long till im on the road. thanks all for their help.

:P

Hi, I own a website that you may find interesting: www.dtr125.co.uk

I built the website when i previously had a DT125R (well, ive actually owned two: 1989 DT125R and 2002 DT125R).

Andrew.

P.S. I'm from Suffolk too (near Bury St Edmunds.)

• 1 month later...

hi i spotted your webist a few weeks ago, any ideas where i could get the passengers grab rail for the back of the DT, it would be a good starting point if i could get an actual pictur of it.

hi i spotted your website a few weeks ago, any ideas where i could get the passengers grab rail for the back of the DT, it would be a good starting point if i could get an actual pictur of it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online