please help

robert
This post is 6173 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi,

im new here but can hope someone can help please......

my yamaha r6 year 2000 wont start...at first when pushed ignition in it would click somewhere under the seat where the electrics are.tried again a few days later and the clicking under the seat was louder.then tried again today,a month later and the clicking was still loud but now theres no clicking and no electrics working at all....please help if you can as i know nothing about bike repairs....thanks if you can

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm no expert on this but I'd start by testing the battery (multimeter or something) and also checking all of the fuses. Does it bump start?

it did bumstart when it was clicking under the seat.havnt tried it since it went totally dead..battery seems fine

it did bumstart when it was clicking under the seat.havnt tried it since it went totally dead..battery seems fine

all the fuses are ok too

all the fuses are ok too

Robert the clicking you hear under the seat is actually the fuel pump priming it's self so you know that works. Try jump starting the bike using a car, I've done this and no harm has come of it. If you get it started then go for a long ride to charge the battery. As far as other parts of the electrics go its a long job but you need to check every connection to see if they have worked loose. Failing that then look at relays. If that fails it could be something like a buggered starter motor.

hi,

my yamaha r6 year 2000 wont start...at first when pushed ignition in it would click somewhere under the seat where the electrics are.tried again a few days later and the clicking under the seat was louder.then tried again today,a month later and the clicking was still loud but now theres no clicking and no electrics working at all....please help if you can as i know nothing about bike repairs....thanks if you can

First you want to try charging up the battery completly. It may have enough "juice" to work the electronics but you need 12-13 Vlts to start. A ohon meter can show you the votage, these cost $2 to $10. Also try looking at your spark pugs. If the bike has been down your side stand switch may be defective,but hold out on that untill everything else is tryed .

hi,

HI THE CLICKING IS THE STARTER RELAY TELLING YOU THERE ISNT ENOUGH POWER IN YOUR BAT ,THE FUEL PUMP LAST FOR ABOUT 6 SECONDS AND IS A SERIOUS OF MULTIPLE CLICKS ,I WOULD SAY YOUR BAT IS FLAT AND PROB NACKERED IF ITS BEEN STOOD , BIN IT AND BUY A NEW ONE , BUY GOOD QUALITY ONE , I BUY ONE EVERY YEAR,

HI THE CLICKING IS THE STARTER RELAY TELLING YOU THERE ISNT ENOUGH POWER IN YOUR BAT ,THE FUEL PUMP LAST FOR ABOUT 6 SECONDS AND IS A SERIOUS OF MULTIPLE CLICKS ,I WOULD SAY YOUR BAT IS FLAT AND PROB NACKERED IF ITS BEEN STOOD , BIN IT AND BUY A NEW ONE , BUY GOOD QUALITY ONE , I BUY ONE EVERY YEAR,

iv got a brand new battery now.brand new rectifier which iv just fitted.but still aint getting the voltage through to the battery to keep charging it.it costing a fortune and aint getting anywhere...please help

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online