dt 125 keeps blowing spark plugs?????

wapsy
This post is 6143 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

my yamaha dt 125 03 reg, will run for about an hour and then blows the spark plug causing it to miss fire can any1 help me plz:D thanks. tom

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

my yamaha dt 125 03 reg, will run for about an hour and then blows the spark plug causing it to miss fire can any1 help me plz:D thanks. tom

have you got the correct plug type / heat range and checked the gap between the electrodes , as far as I am aware

the gap is usualy 0.7 to 0.8 but it would be worthwhile checking

have you got the correct plug type / heat range and checked the gap between the electrodes , as far as I am aware

the gap is usualy 0.7 to 0.8 but it would be worthwhile checking

cheers m8 ill have a look afta work thanks. tom

For that bike you want an NGK BR8ES. Check your fuel mix as well as you might be running a bit lean.

thanks for the help ill will have ago l8er afta work thanks .tom

nope i tryd it and it didnt work anything ele m8?? runs for about an hour then blows the spark plug? thanks for the help cheers. tom

nope i tryd it and it didnt work anything ele m8?? runs for about an hour then blows the spark plug? thanks for the help cheers. tom

If you can get your float bowl off you can note the jet sizes and I can tell you if anything is wrong on that count. Any mods to the bike at all?

• 4 weeks later...

If you can get your float bowl off you can note the jet sizes and I can tell you if anything is wrong on that count. Any mods to the bike at all?

I have the same bike (not the same one but the same model etc) and the plugs only last about an hour and then suddenly die. It is quite expensive and annoying, any ideas gratefully received... apparently this is a common problem with these machines?

What do you mean? Blows the plug? Is it burnt? Or sooty? Wet?

What colour is the plug electrode when you pull the plug out?

Nothing actually blows, the engine just stops and wont start again until I fit a new plug. The electrode looks ok, a little black and slightly oily/sooty but nothing really unusual...

Check the oil pump setting. Check the float height. Clean the air filter. Make sure the full stroke for the throttle cable is set correctly.

Oily/sooty is unusual. The plug should be chocolate brown. If it's black it's running rich or too much oil.

Thanks. I know the filter is ok, not sure about the other things you mentioned. I suppose it could be running rich, would this cause the plug to overheat and die or something like that?