counter steer

gra
This post is 6207 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

can anyone please tell me how to countersteer as I have read alot about it but don't know how to do it.

Many Thanks

Gra Chesterfield

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You will find that you actually do it naturally without even realising it.

However I was looking at it towards the back end of last year and here are a couple of articles I found

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/school-SectionFiveB.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countersteering

And also a couple of brief videos here

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...countersteering

I found with light bikes the subconscious action of the rider coupled with the greater proportion of rider mass to bike mass means you do it without being aware of it since the rider mass helps break the gyroscope effect with little counter steer.

Having moved to a heavier bike the weight shifting effect has little effect and I find myself having to now consciously counter steer, which will become subconscious with practice :)

Find an empty car park perform some quick zig zags, works a treat :)

I found with light bikes the subconscious action of the rider coupled with the greater proportion of rider mass to bike mass means you do it without being aware of it since the rider mass helps break the gyroscope effect with little counter steer.

WTF? :lol:

Steer with your ass guys.....ass steering is where it's at these days! B)

WTF? :lol:

Steer with your ass guys.....ass steering is where it's at these days! B)

haha!! good one pete!

counter steering is the force on the bars effectively steering the bike the opposite way from the corner you are going. this keeps the wheels in line more and therefore allows the bike to sit more neutral on the tyres and giving increased lean angle. unless your capirossi, you don;t really need it, however it is usefull if u find yourself over shooting a corner then a bit of counter may get you out of it in one piece. otherwise ass steerign does the trick, or for a bit of extra corner weight raise your foot on the pegs to your toes or simply stick your knee out a bit, does wonders. or if your that way inclined slide your bum!

haha!! good one pete!

counter steering is the force on the bars effectively steering the bike the opposite way from the corner you are going. this keeps the wheels in line more and therefore allows the bike to sit more neutral on the tyres and giving increased lean angle. unless your capirossi, you don;t really need it, however it is usefull if u find yourself over shooting a corner then a bit of counter may get you out of it in one piece. otherwise ass steerign does the trick, or for a bit of extra corner weight raise your foot on the pegs to your toes or simply stick your knee out a bit, does wonders. or if your that way inclined slide your bum!

Hmmm, if you don't counter steer then you're going to end up in a field. Do you know that leaning your bike over but keeping your front wheel perfectly in line with the back wheel won't make the bike turn? Seriously. Whether it's consciously or not, everyone counter steers.

Whether it's consciously or not, everyone counter steers.

Nah man...everyone ass steers! And the steering from your ass invokes the handlebar movement! And then goddam hucksters like Keith Code make millions of dollars telling dumbasses to do what they're already doing.

He wouldn't have made those kinds bucks if he promoted that bullshit as ass steering, which is what it really is.

just cause some twat decides to rename steering your bike,,,to,,,,,,counter steering ,,,,,it causes loads of noobs to go,,,,,whoa,,,,,whats that,,,,,,hahahahahaaa,,,,,,,,,,get real,,,,,,,,just ride ya fkin bike,,,,mmmhahahhaa,,,,,,, what a hoohaaa over nuffin ,,,,,, ass steering rules,,,,,nuff said

Defo. a few asses riding bikes! Counter steering happens natural on modern sports bikes. A few of the big heavy lumps of latter years might corner better with a concious effoert to counter steer..........otherwise though forget it and just ride ;)

Defo. a few asses riding bikes! Counter steering happens natural on modern sports bikes. A few of the big heavy lumps of latter years might corner better with a concious effoert to counter steer..........otherwise though forget it and just ride ;)

If you are travelling above about 5 mph and you get round the bend then you are counter steering, whether it's started by your ass, hands, stomach or ear lobes!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online