R6 problems?

yanto
This post is 6196 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Only 'Nutter Syndrome' which is rider induced anyway.

The one thing I will advice mate is take it steady for a while and learn to read what the bike is doing/telling you. Earlier R6's are known to bite if you can't read the signs and being a newbie to bikes your not going to be able to yet. Front end comes up easy and tank slappers are not uncommon.

get used to it and enjoy biking!

There are no problems as such, there will be a chatter from the oil pump chain but it isn't a worry the only thing you have to worry about is the 24k service which means you'll have to shed out around £400 for it.

Regards

The R6 is an arse to work on cos of the way yamaha have crammed everything in. Just changing the brake lines the other day took a while cos of ill placed bolts, and though I do most things myself on the bike I wont try that.

As the other guys say, watch that front end as it can get abit lively especialy on with an open throtle over bumpy roads :blink:

Some of the early R6s had a weakness for the 1st to 2nd gear change (return spring could need replacing). So avoid 1st gear abuse and you should have no probs. Otherwise bulletproof ;)

Some say the handling is a bit strange compared to other 600s but mine has been brill once I removed the squared off tyres it came with. Now on BT 014s which feel good.