SPEED LIMITERS ON BIKES - DISCUSS

Tomo
This post is 6215 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Also, we are heading back down the old argument about restriction, you are restricted to a 125cc on a learners licence, no restriction on the size of car a learner can drive. Now with the 2 tier system you can be stuck on a 33bhp bike for 2 years. There is no equivalent for cars, once you have passed your test in a 1.0l nissan micra you can then hop into a Scooby Doo and drive at what ever speed you want.

Insurance is self restricting in that sense much more than it is for bikes. So unless you are from a rich background you can not afford to run a performance car. Unless you are talking about restriction to a sub 1.6 vehicle?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I must agree as i feel that this is pure stupidity to add these sorts of devices on bikes.

This morning on the way to work a car didnt check their blind spot before pulling out, now if they would have hit me now would i have been another statistic when in truth it is the complacency of the car driver in not checking before they move.

Ok i am aware that the acceleration of bikes nowadays is far superior to cars (proven when a Fireblade minced a Porsche 911 GT3 on tv) and that bikers can become unaware of their own speed of acceleration but why is it bikers that are the guilty party.

Insurance is both limiting on cars and bike however much more on cars and i feel that if they were to limit bikes the same should apply to cars as surely that would then only be fair and 'safer' to restrict both??

I think i'll step off my soap box now as im just repeating the points put across by other, i just thought i'd show my support and agree with the feelings of most people on here regarding this!

Matt

:angry: These so called Speed Limiters will be bloody lethal as far as I am concerned.

When my TDM engine just 'cut out' probably becuase the faulty TPS told it to when I was half way through an overtaking manouver and caused my accident. Was this electrical device not acting as a 'speed limiter'?

The device they want to fit would do much the same thing, either cutting fuel or power to the coils. Thus Stalling or significantly Slowing the engine so the rider then has NO or LIMITED control over his/her machine.

I nearly lost my leg becuase the bike did not do as I had wanted or expected.

This Government wants bikes off the roads and if they cant stop us riding them it looks like they are intent on killing us all off.

the next bmw i see im gonna stick my fingers up 2

hahaha!! :D i just prefer to treat them to the beautiful note of my scorpian exhaust at the traffic lights then the final symphony as i piss alllll over them off the lights. ive never been beat. not once, not by mr porsche gt3, not by mr scooby, not even mr evo 8. BIKES RULE!!!!

the government can f*ck off!! or i for one will take to teh streets!

yea iv,e been following this bike limiter crap since the news broke,,,,its all well and good us complainig about it but if we dont make an effort to sign all the pertitions and complain as loudly as we can ,,these assholes will prob try to get this bill passed in the house of lords,,,,so creat as much noise about it as you can haha even if it does become law,,,,there,s plenty of companies out there who will invent a fix it,,or bypass and i for one will flout the law anyway,,,,so bollox to em