D Day hath cometh!!!

Tomo
This post is 6239 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Nothing that serious. :lol:

Just got my practical test in the morning.

So fingers crossed by tomorrow afternoon I shall be riding round on my R6 :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

good luck bud i had mine a couple of weeks ago and just scraped it the instructor really wanted me to gun it and overtake wherever possible so dont be like youre on a car test and dither they will fail you for undue hesitation as well if your too slow an carefull he failed the other guy i was with for not overtaking a learner driver so you see what i mean use mirrors every 10 seconds and everytime the speed limit is about to change higher or lower and never forget to indicate and cancel signals too hes gonna want to see you do 70mph easily an confidently if he even smells fear you got trouble and dont forget your lifesaver check all the best mate and good luck

test passed. Having a quick coffee then its round to the bike shop, where fingers crossed the R6 will be ready for collection.

Well done but like everyone says do take it easy, I fell off more often in the 1st year than I did in the next 30 and I was lucky. Bikes are great but you have to treat them with respect. Do that and you can have a ball!

I dont know if its through having a quick car (4.3 V8 Merc) or just understanding power. But I have a lot of respect for the power this bike has to offer. The power is awesome and I dont think I have even accelerated over half throttle yet. Even in 6th from 30 the bike still pulls well into a national speed limit.

Obviosly as the days go by I will begin to play more but I will be treating this machine ith the respect it deserves <_<

I dont know if its through having a quick car (4.3 V8 Merc) or just understanding power. But I have a lot of respect for the power this bike has to offer. The power is awesome and I dont think I have even accelerated over half throttle yet. Even in 6th from 30 the bike still pulls well into a national speed limit.

Obviosly as the days go by I will begin to play more but I will be treating this machine ith the respect it deserves <_<

In that case you'll have a ball! All the best, once you have the bug I doubt you'll ever stop loving it

Yep, few years back now...but even then they did not like to see you being shy with the throtle when your outa the 30 zone. They like to see a positive confident rider. Wheres my pipe and slippers...... :rolleyes:

Yep, few years back now...but even then they did not like to see you being shy with the throtle when your outa the 30 zone. They like to see a positive confident rider. Wheres my pipe and slippers...... :rolleyes:

Thats so true. It wasnt a case of gradually get to the limit. I got the impression from the intructor when you enter a speed limit if its safe to do so get to the speed in the quickest possible time. It made the learning fun. Especially down some of the lanes where the comment from the intructor was "why did that car have to get in the way and spoi the fun" :lol:

WELL DONE MATE.KEEP SAFE .LOOK OUT FOR I DIDNT SEE YOU CAR DRIVERS.GET A BIT OF EXPERIENCE FIRST BEFORE YOU NAIL IT.WHEN YOUR READY THE R6 WILL MAKE YOU GRIN FROM EAR TO EAR.

WELL DONE MATE.KEEP SAFE .LOOK OUT FOR I DIDNT SEE YOU CAR DRIVERS.GET A BIT OF EXPERIENCE FIRST BEFORE YOU NAIL IT.WHEN YOUR READY THE R6 WILL MAKE YOU GRIN FROM EAR TO EAR.

It already does that just by looking at it B)

Already had a few experiences of them car drivers as well. Fortunately one was coming out of my work gates at about 20Mph. I had almost stopped before he actually noticed me. Yes he was chatting on a phone :angry: It actually made me laugh to see the look of horror on his face when he finally spotted me.

I only wish I was in my Golf that I was given. I would have nailed him in the side!