is it really that bad?

djsquare
This post is 6136 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello fellow yam-heads, im in the throws of buying a 2007 FZ1 FAZER and am a bit concerned about the fuel glitch that seams to pop up every time i read a report or test ride on this bike, they have not been very kind to the 2006 model. and am just reaching out there to see how accurate the reports are in real world terms? and if so, has it been solved on the 2007 model.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

A 'Fuel Glitch' is what the problem seemed to be on the 02 -05 bikes that have had the RECALL for the TPS (throttle position sensor) replaced under warranty. Check out any info you can re. this recall.

It caused awful problems on some bikes.

• 1 month later...

The 06 Fazer/FZ1 has a 4 second delay in off on throttle response over 4500 rpm. Some people hardly notice off a race track. Ivansperformanceproducts.com offers FCE $200 / 300 #s which fixes and restores 10 hp in midrange. Countershaft sproket is 17 Teeth, 16 and even 15 T sprockets are popular. 17-44 change to 16-46 too. Seat may need changing. 07 Fazer/FZ1 YAMAHA remapped EFI ECU WHICH eliminates "snatch" in properly tuned bikes. FCE STILL helps but is it worth it for what it does? Your call. See yamahafz1oa.com usa for details. Changing the overly tall gearing helps low end. 01-05 carburated bikes could be hard starting, a little rough. Ivans or Dale Walker jet kits offer flawless running, with or without slip ons.

The 06 Fazer/FZ1 has a 4 second delay in off on throttle response over 4500 rpm. Some people hardly notice off a race track. Ivansperformanceproducts.com offers FCE $200 / 300 #s which fixes and restores 10 hp in midrange. Countershaft sproket is 17 Teeth, 16 and even 15 T sprockets are popular. 17-44 change to 16-46 too. Seat may need changing. 07 Fazer/FZ1 YAMAHA remapped EFI ECU WHICH eliminates "snatch" in properly tuned bikes. FCE STILL helps but is it worth it for what it does? Your call. See yamahafz1oa.com usa for details. Changing the overly tall gearing helps low end. 01-05 carburated bikes could be hard starting, a little rough. Ivans or Dale Walker jet kits offer flawless running, with or without slip ons.

I picked up my new FZ1 on Tuesday after having ridden the 06 demonstrator. I've done about 500 miles on it so far and the snatch has been fixed below 6,000rpm but is still there at higher revs. It is a pain but I don't think it should put you off as the rest of the bike is so good! It feels like a worn cush drive and can make "spirited" riding a bit jerky if you try to roll on the throttle gently round a bend, if you're just thrashing it then you don't notice it! I'm probably going to try a power commander so I'll let you all know how it goes if I do.

• 2 months later...

I picked up my new FZ1 on Tuesday after having ridden the 06 demonstrator. I've done about 500 miles on it so far and the snatch has been fixed below 6,000rpm but is still there at higher revs. It is a pain but I don't think it should put you off as the rest of the bike is so good! It feels like a worn cush drive and can make "spirited" riding a bit jerky if you try to roll on the throttle gently round a bend, if you're just thrashing it then you don't notice it! I'm probably going to try a power commander so I'll let you all know how it goes if I do.

Hi, all.

I have a 2006 (06) FZ-1S with the apparent fuel glitch. I can honestly say that although there is a small amount of snatch and I mean small, in the lower gears at around 4000-6000 revs, it definitely does not give any cause for alarm. I have ridden various bikes over the past 30 years (gulp!!) and have come across some truly awful fuel injected bikes. Anyong who says that this bike has a major issue should not be riding a bike but staying at home and lying on a feather mattress! My Fazer does not feel like the cush drive is worn, nor does it make spirited riding jerky. It's all down to being in harmony with the machine and enjoying the experience. Reading the latest reports in Bike Magazine, they say the new bike is down on power compared to the '06 version. At the end of the day, you pays your money and you gets your bike. I'm more than happy with this machine and would recommend it to anyone that wants an all round bike.

regards to all...

M

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online