1999 sponsorship

steviebaby
This post is 6209 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have recently bought a 1999 R6 with some minor body damage and I have decided to change the look of it when I respray it. I am having trouble finding information on the sponsors/colours for when the bike was raced in the late 90's and early 2000. please could someone help. I dont mind which championship, I just want the bike to look good, and even colourful.

Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have a virgin mobile rep r1, which was painted in 2000 by pro art.

But if i was you, i would do it in more modern colours, i.e. the camel colours, fiat colours, 50th anniversary valencia or my fav would be in the fortuna colours.

Loads to chose from and sticker kits are cheap enough.

Tont

Sorry to burst your bubble Section8.

Yamaha featured in various competitions a lot earlier than 2003.

Yamaha as a team were riding in the WSB back in 1995 and Yamaha engines ( OWO1 ) were used in Bimotas even further back (1988) which is when WSB was born, first round being at Donnington.

Steviebaby, Given that Nori Haga was the lead rider for Yamaha in WSB in 99 and the fact that the Haga rep featured looks so damn good.

I know what I would do!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online