Engine Noise.......

Bubblegum
This post is 6250 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

I wonder if anyone can give me a little advise.

I've developed a tapping noise in the front cylinder. Engine is quiet as anything when I start it up but after about five mins of running ie when the engine is getting hot it begins.

Literally it sounds like chang chang chang like metal on metal when I excellerate it disappears and as the engine slows it returns. When turned off and engine has cooled and I start it again it's quiet.

Any idea's what this could be.

Thanks

Bubblegum :(

P.s I'm running a Virago 535

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Bubblegum,

I know you may have done this but first of all check the basics.

Many problems are caused by neglected regular oil & filter changes, its also important to use the correct oil specified for your engine.

(CHECK)

1. Engine Oil Level

2. Oil Filter

3. Oil type and age also is a factor, (old oil breaking down and low oil, can be the cause when the engine gets to temperature)

4. Let your engine get to temperature before taking on the Porsches at lights. :)

5. Get a mechanic to check the valve clearances for excessive play, If the rattle still persists, reset the camchain tensioners.

Hope this may help a little.

Daz :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online