Good Bike Insurance Site!

mymotorbike
This post is 6071 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey All,

Since my last post I haven't been able to get a quote from the Yamaha insurance site, it may have had technical prob's?

So on my search on the net I stumbeld across this site www.thebikeinsurer.co.uk

Excellent! Saved me money! :D

It's definately worth giving them a go if any one is looking?

Cheers guys!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey All,

Since my last post I haven't been able to get a quote from the Yamaha insurance site, it may have had technical prob's?

So on my search on the net I stumbeld across this site www.thebikeinsurer.co.uk

Excellent! Saved me money! :D

It's definately worth giving them a go if any one is looking?

Cheers guys!

Hey,

Im a new rider ive been riding since November. When i got my little YBR 125 i was recommened MC edwards. Unfortunately they do not have a site but i was able to get my insurance for £215.00 which i thougt was very good considering I dont have any expereince and im 20 tomorrow so i was quite surprised on their quote. If anyone would like there number then feel free email me.

Bikes are fantasti if the wind doesnt knock them over as it has done to mine twice since november.

Biker_Girl

• Admin

Have either of you tried the insurance comparison service here?

http://insurance.yamahaclub.com

Would be interesting to see how the quotes compare, if you do let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

insured my fazer 600 today,,,,fully comp,,plus RAC recovery from anywhere in uk,,,and to local garadge if in eu,,,£230,,,,bargain,,,,,,,bennets found it for me,,,i think its with red star ,,but il.e have to check,,, :blink:

• 4 months later...

Have either of you tried the insurance comparison service here?

http://insurance.yamahaclub.com

Would be interesting to see how the quotes compare, if you do let me know.

I have just done an insurance quote with the above site. I was very shockd with the results which has made me keep with MC Edwards. The reults were:

Here are the most competitive THIRD PARTY FIRE & THEFT annual premiums we could find for you. (YAMAHA YBR-125 - 124CC)

Premium Insurer Excess

£371.66 Equity Red Star £150 Policy Summary Start Cover

£490.54 Highway Insurance Co Ltd. £250 Policy Summary Start Cover

£563.96 Zenith Insurance plc £500 Policy Summary Start Cover

However as i mentioned above my insurance with MC Edwards is £215.00 a year which compared to these is much better and cheaper.

If anyone would like to get an insurance quote from them their number is 08700101125, if you do let me know if it works out cheaper for you.

Emma

Live to ride, Ride to live

I have just done an insurance quote with the above site. I was very shockd with the results which has made me keep with MC Edwards. The reults were:

Here are the most competitive THIRD PARTY FIRE & THEFT annual premiums we could find for you. (YAMAHA YBR-125 - 124CC)

Premium Insurer Excess

£371.66 Equity Red Star £150 Policy Summary Start Cover

£490.54 Highway Insurance Co Ltd. £250 Policy Summary Start Cover

£563.96 Zenith Insurance plc £500 Policy Summary Start Cover

However as i mentioned above my insurance with MC Edwards is £215.00 a year which compared to these is much better and cheaper.

If anyone would like to get an insurance quote from them their number is 08700101125, if you do let me know if it works out cheaper for you.

Emma

Live to ride, Ride to live

Interesting posts - and thanks all for the info. Sometimes I don't understand insurance! I have just replaced a Honda CBF1000F with my Yam. MT-01. Eagle Star wanted an additional £175. Why? The Honda is 20 kg lighter, faster top speed, quicker 0-6omph but worth £1000 less. Doesn't make sense to me. Any experts out there who can explain the grouping system?

Dave.

If you think you have insurance problems - just try getting insurance (car or bike) in Northern Ireland. If you look at the small print in most of the companies advertising on TV - that have dogs talking and telephones on wheels, etc - they say "excludes N.I."

I bought a 2004 FZ6S Fazer last November and tried the Yamaha website - what a joke! Quoted something like £350 for TPF&T and £600 odds for fully comp. I'm the wrong side of 45 and have held a full licence since 1976 (although haven't held insurance for the past 6 years) the bike is kept in a locked garage attached to my home and is used mainly for pleasure - with a few trips to/from work thrown in .

However I contacted a local broker (Open and Direct) who got me TPF&T for £132.00 - now that's a bit more realistic.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online