XT125 tuning!!!!!!!!

Smithy06
This post is 3303 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My Son has one of these bikes and he struggles to do more than 63mph, (when the speedo is working that is :rolleyes: ) there has to be a way.

My thoughts:

Has anyone tried blocking off the small take off pipe from the exhaust that goes to the emmissions stuff?

The outlet on the std exhaust seems very small diameter, does a replacement exhaust help much?

Can anyone confirm this restrictor in the front of the exhaust?

mate if i am right what u are talking about that is like a EGR Valve just like a car it will recirculat the exhaust gases tho the engine agen saving more fuel if u remove this it will not do any to the bike ( i think ) but just use much more fuel than normal.

• 8 months later...

Nice bike mate! iv just brougha 2006 xt125x! does anyone know if it has a fuel gage?

Tony

Neiter of the XT's have fuel gauges (2005-2007 models) not sure about the 2008 though.

They just have a little orange light next to the speedo that blinks whenever the tank gets to 2 litres, or if you ride above 60mph for more than 30 seconds, haha. I found the best way to tell how much fuel you have left is to reset your milometer when you fill up and count the miles before you run out.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Neiter of the XT's have fuel gauges (2005-2007 models) not sure about the 2008 though.

They just have a little orange light next to the speedo that blinks whenever the tank gets to 2 litres, or if you ride above 60mph for more than 30 seconds, haha. I found the best way to tell how much fuel you have left is to reset your milometer when you fill up and count the miles before you run out.

duuddeee!!! mine does!! its on the trip switch... however my 57reg doesnt have a reserve tap :(

• 3 years later...

Hello I have a Yamaha XT 125R And i can get 85 out of it flat out

Utterly Fazed

Is right in saying you need to bore out the outlet pipe like i did I will Put a list of mods i did to my bike to get it to achieve 85 mph

Racing Carb
1.20mm Main Yet

4mm Bore outlet pipe

Removed exhaust Baffles

Put the Front and Rear suspension on the lowest setting

I did just them without getting big bore Kits and sports cranks I spent £150 on the mods and got an extra 15-20 mph from it so its up to you how far you go with it

Hope this helps

Hello I have a Yamaha XT 125R And i can get 85 out of it flat out

Utterly Fazed

Is right in saying you need to bore out the outlet pipe like i did I will Put a list of mods i did to my bike to get it to achieve 85 mph

Racing Carb

1.20mm Main Yet

4mm Bore outlet pipe

Removed exhaust Baffles

Put the Front and Rear suspension on the lowest setting

I did just them without getting big bore Kits and sports cranks I spent £150 on the mods and got an extra 15-20 mph from it so its up to you how far you go with it

Hope this helps

So boring out the exhaust will achieve higher speed?

No grouch it wont.

Have you EVER in all the time you have had that bike trawling the internet to make go. Found an exhaust that can give that kind of boost.

The dt struggle to pass a real world 75. Que the many million mph dts.

He is blowing smoke up your pipe.

No grouch it wont.

Have you EVER in all the time you have had that bike trawling the internet to make go. Found an exhaust that can give that kind of boost.

No and tbh I thought this thread looked dodgy with all the 1 post wonders contributing to it. It looks like the same person with multiple accounts.

• 1 year later...

No grouch it wont.

My Son has one of these bikes and he struggles to do more than 63mph, (when the speedo is working that is http://www.yamahaclub.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/rolleyes.gif ) there has to be a way.

My thoughts:

Has anyone tried blocking off the small take off pipe from the exhaust that goes to the emmissions stuff?

The outlet on the std exhaust seems very small diameter, does a replacement exhaust help much?

Can anyone confirm this restrictor in the front of the exhaust?

This post is 3303 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.