Custom Mapping

Steve-o
This post is 6211 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Everybody,

I've just bought a Micron can for my '03 R6 and i'm wondering whether its worth getting the bike correctly mapped. Does anyone know how much power and torque gain i'm going to see by getting it mapped. And where is the best place near London to get it done.

Cheers

Steve

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Everybody,

I've just bought a Micron can for my '03 R6 and i'm wondering whether its worth getting the bike correctly mapped. Does anyone know how much power and torque gain i'm going to see by getting it mapped. And where is the best place near London to get it done.

Cheers

Steve

i have the same, micron CF. maybe 1-2hp with no mapping, maybe 3-4 with mapping. unless your trackin it, the results are minimal and not worth the investment IMHO....but if ya already have the PC3, just get the standard micron map and upload. custom mapping is better if you have several mods....v-stacks, slide stops, AIS mod, full exhaust..etc....

• 1 month later...

i have the same, micron CF. maybe 1-2hp with no mapping, maybe 3-4 with mapping. unless your trackin it, the results are minimal and not worth the investment IMHO....but if ya already have the PC3, just get the standard micron map and upload. custom mapping is better if you have several mods....v-stacks, slide stops, AIS mod, full exhaust..etc....

not worth mapping for just a can - although if you add a performance filter like BMC for instance and a uprated set of plugs - maybe platinums or iridiums - i'd get a pc3 then get it dyno'd and mapped at same time - but most ecu's on motorcycles will self learn off just a can. probably be lucky to get 2bhp off a can after mapping - this is usally only to perfect the air/fuel mixture @ certain rev ranges - most of the power is obtainable with out a new can but getting a proper tune sorted out.

:D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online