ttr600re fork seals

muckywillow
This post is 6254 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi i have a ttr600re used for comuting aprox 180 miles per week recently fork seal started leaking badly i was upset to find yamaha want £96 for complete set of seals any one no where to get cheaper and is this usual for a bike that has only done 8,500 miles done mostly over past 8 months and is 03 model

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

u tried ebay mate?

Maybe you don't need a new seal yet. I had a leaky fork seal on my TTR (but it has WR450 USD forks on it). Cured the problem by running an old credit card around the fork between the seal and the slider. You hold the card flat against the fork slider and slip the corner of the card between the slider and the seal. This is a trick my local workshop taught me. Seems to remove whatever bit of dirt is causing the leak or perhaps straightens out a folded over lip in seal (?). Anyway, worked a treat.