The fuzz show some sympathy

Steve-o
This post is 6213 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everybody, I'm a newby to the forum having just upgraded from my NC35 to a 2003 R6, which I'm absolutely loving, as the following story will prove....

So I've had the R6 for a grand total of 9 days now, and coming home from work last night I was getting bored of dumb ass drivers sitting in the outside lane of the 3 lane section of the A40 and leaving the two other lanes completely free, so I took the decision to undertake the lot of them in the inside lane at a speed approaching 3 figures in a 50mph area. Unfortunately one of these cars turned out to be an unmarked pig in a BMW 5 series. He eventually caught up with me in traffic and pulled me over for what I was totally expecting to be a swift licence removal. However, after showing me the video they took of them doing 85mph and me still becoming a spec on the horizon, a nice little chat about bikes, and then a pat on the back for how gracefully I had accepted defeat when they finally caught up with me, the coppa then told me that he would let me tell him what speed to write down on the ticket. I asked for 69mph (1mph slower than I would need to go to court for) and he accepted.

so to sum up; I rode away from the fuzz with 3 more points on the licence, a £60 fine, a massive smile (half relief, half shock i think) on my face, and a new found respect for the fun killing sausage jockeys that are the metropolitan police department.

So, has anyone else ever met a nice coppa or is this the only one!?!

Steve-o

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That copper must have got his hole before he went to work. :D

:lol:

As for motoring I dont think I have met a decent copper. In one drunken night out I have met a decent cooper before.

I take it that the only reason for any points was the fact you were speeding? did they mention anything about the undertaking?

I always wonder about undertaking on a motorway as often in a car I will simply sit in the inside lane at a consisten speed rather than cross three lanes or sit flashing behind the lane hoggers.

I've met a lot of coppers. Only a few of them are considered by me to be 'good' mainly because the majority of them were gorgeous girls in their early 20s. There was one male copper who I considered to be alright because although he came across as a typical copper on a power trip, he turned out to be a pretty decent guy.

It started out with a few of us out on a ride and we stopped at an industrial estate for a bit. A friend crawls under the gate and opens it to get the bikes in. Pig car pulled up and my friend is still inside. After my friend's made their excuses the cop started running off registration checks. He told one of my friend's that he lives near to him so my friend says "Well, I'd better be careful then hadn't I?" to which the reply wasn't "Yeah you'd better", it was "Nah that's ok, when I'm off duty I do the same thing".

The guys that got me just before xmas seemed annoyed that they had to nick me. I was doing around 65 in a 40 on a cold winters eve and Id just travelled from Brighton to Southampton so you know I was cold, very cold. Anyways 10 mins from home these cops pull me over and chat to me and only do me for 56 in a 40. They could see I was cold and actually took the piss out of me as I have a MotoGP race waterproof which looks like a gimp suit. Seems stupid having a laugh with the guys that are giving you 3 points and a £60 fine.

Regards

sounds better than it could be!!

as for nice coppers. sunday coming on the motorway with my mate we had just been doing 3 figures and we pulled into a service station for a breather. as i was laying on the carpark floor a copper came over (female). i thought shit, but she just gave us a friendly chat, looked at our bikes, told us what she used to have and how she wished she still had one then walked off!!

• 2 weeks later...
:blink: well cant say i have met a nice one yet, last two times were enough, march2000 benn driving the van since 5 am last thing about half four on a friday nite i geta job to take three pallets to aberdeen, needless to say i was so so happy bout goin on the a96 at this time on a fri nite, 2hrs 45 each way a real pain in the ass, twenty miles fae home pass the bastards hiding up on a sigle track bridge in the dark at 67 got three points forty quid.. last time was doin 20 on the high st in invergordon three days before xmas nailed for no seat belt,, twats :angry: :angry:

Hah it sounds like you got off lucky!

I overtook 3 cars going along a straight kind of through my village at 9pm at night in light rain, because they were all doing 28 in a 30 zone, and the other side of the road was fine.

I blasted past at about ~55mph then slowed back down to just under 40mph after i passed them.

I turned onto my road to hear sirens and lights blazing. They pulled me over RIGHT OUT SIDE MY HOUSE! And asked me to get in the back of their unmarked estate vectra.

I had a bit of a talking to, they showed me their video and said they clocked me at 49 in a 30mph zone which should be 3 points and a £60 fine but i looked like i learnt my lesson, so they sent me on my way!

Not too bad if you ask me!!

:) :)

• 4 weeks later...

if he,d asked me what speed to write on the ticket,,,i woulda said,,,250 mph,,,,,,, and sued his ass,,,,lol

I once failed to spot a panda car behind me (DOH!) and shot off at high speed, this was at about 2.45 in the morning and not a sole in sight. I pulled in to get some cash and when I finished I turned around to see the panda car sat behind me. I walked up to the car and smiled at the lone copper, who was so angry that when he was shouting at me he was spitting. He told me if he ever saw me driving like that again he would do me for everything in the book. Fortunatly for me he was on his own and did not have any recording kit in the car. so I took my bollocking and went home a lucky chappy.

• 1 month later...

I was coming home having just finished work at 2am. Came to a long stretch of straight road and floored it passed a line of cars. Noticed in my mirrors a car catching me up, dumb ass that I am, I think, oh no you dont sonny and open it up to 120 in a 60. Car is still catching me and then as I approach a roundabout, the night lights up in this wonderful blue glow. Looks to the side of me and there's this T5 sitting there, bugger. Pulls over in to a layby and the T5 pulls alongside and stops. Copper winds window down and says tail light is out, but when I look its on. He says must be a dodgy connection and then goes on to say "oh by the way, I know its quiet on the roads, but that was a little tad to fast, just keep it down please" and drives off. Mean while Im opening the bottom of my leathers to let the gooey mess out :)