Service manuals??

Steve-o
This post is 6277 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everybody, I'm a nemby to the forum as I have only just upgraded from my NC35 to an R6 - which is awesome by the way.

Anyway, it seems that Haynes havn't got round to making a manual for the 2003-2005 R6 yet so I was just wondering if anyone knows of any other manuals that are about, whether the 99-02 R6 manual is good enough for most things, and whether these £3 service manual CD's on eBay are worth a try.

Cheers

Steve-o

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Steve-o,

That's a nice bike, Congrats!

The ebay CDs that I have tried so far have been scans of Yamaha's (or others) own workshop manuals, sometimes reformatted to prevent copyright issues. Make sure it is actually a 'Service Manual', and not just a 'Parts List' which only tells you what parts make up your bike and nothing about what to do with them!

The original manuals, as I'm sure you know, cost quite a bit more and even the Haynes and Clymer service manuals cost several times more than the ebay copies, so its not a big investment, but as always, ' Buyer Beware' applies.

BTW, what is a 'nemby'? I'm familiar with 'newbie'. Possibly an acronym for NEw MemBer?

Keep the rubber side down!

Cheers for the words mate,

Ill probably give the ebay CD a go, but I did hear that they often come with all sorts of viruses on them - so ill open it at work for the first time just to make sure - :D

As for the nemby comment: it was newby mispelt!!

Cheers!

Cheers for the words mate,

Ill probably give the ebay CD a go, but I did hear that they often come with all sorts of viruses on them - so ill open it at work for the first time just to make sure - :D

As for the nemby comment: it was newby mispelt!!

Cheers!

And I was all happy because I thought I had figured out something new to me!!

I think I'm going to use it. New Member! Nemby!

I Like!

Ride safe!