Parking in London

Godzilla
This post is 6307 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Minor rant coming on. I live in London, in a tower block, we have some lockup garages around the base of the block so i thought it would be nice if i could get one to keep my bike in. There is also a lady with a bike who lives nearby and i thought she would like to share garage when i sorted it out. (Helpful like that me) So i gets on to the local council who proclaim no vacant garages anywhere in the known universe, now i had done a little recce and found 7 empty ones all boarded up so i informed the fella that i had been talking with. A week later he gets back to me and says he has found the keys to 2 garages and as the council has the keys they must be empty. (Happy Happy Joy Joy) So he gives me the numbers of said garages and asks if i can find them as they don't appear on the "SYSTEM" I find them and report back. The council fella says he will come round with the keys and show me the empty lockups so i can take my pick. Well all is good until this chap shows up (Under protest cos it's raining and he doesn't have a brolly) a week later. I take him round to show him where the garages are and he says "Oh these ones, you can't have one of them cos when they become empty we just board them up" so now he knows where they are he will have them boarded up. I feel i right numpty cos the council didn't even know they existed til i found them and had i have just busted the door open and put my own locks on i would have had a rent free lock up that no one would have ever checked.

What a bunch of :wank4az: now i don't have a garage and neither does anybody else but down to my helpfulness the council are 2 sheds closer to selling an empty plot of land for zillions of quids.

Could anyone help in my finding secure parking in east london?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online