rd250 c 1976

smokinsteve
This post is 5670 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hello all.....

does any one have or know of someone that has an original seat trim including pins and clips (only fitted to rd250c and 400c) 1976 ish ? ? :D:D:D

I made my own using B&Q alloy channel. Bashed over and dremeled open the slit so could slide in ground down stainless flange button socket screws.

They look the business and cost £4 each side and the alloy doesn't rot and its easy to shape the ends to the correct profile!!

I made my own using B&Q alloy channel. Bashed over and dremeled open the slit so could slide in ground down stainless flange button socket screws.

They look the business and cost £4 each side and the alloy doesn't rot and its easy to shape the ends to the correct profile!!

thanx for the info.... the problem is i dont know what an original one looks like so i have nothing to copy from(no dimentions) ? are you a member of the a.c.rd forum ?

thanx for the info.... the problem is i dont know what an original one looks like so i have nothing to copy from(no dimentions) ? are you a member of the a.c.rd forum ?

No! as i have a 4 stroke xs400. the strips are similar to the xs though. I have added a few pics of what i did, and i could scan the ends for you if you like an PM you?

have you tried PGM yamaha?

this is the back of the strip although I have flattened them a bit more later

100_0848.jpg

these are a comparison with an original

100_0843.jpg

got the screws from here. Just ground down the head flat to the washer and use as template to judge the gap of the strip

http://www.a2a4.co.uk/acatalog/FLANGE_BUTT...SCREWS_A_2.html

[

quote name='drewpy' date='Jan 1 2007, 08:20 PM' post='38141']

No! as i have a 4 stroke xs400. the strips are similar to the xs though. I have added a few pics of what i did, and i could scan the ends for you if you like an PM you?

have you tried PGM yamaha?

this is the back of the strip although I have flattened them a bit more later

100_0848.jpg

these are a comparison with an original

100_0843.jpg

got the screws from here. Just ground down the head flat to the washer and use as template to judge the gap of the strip

http://www.a2a4.co.uk/acatalog/FLANGE_BUTT...SCREWS_A_2.html

thanks for the information thats more than helpful was the piece of ally a strip before you started shaping it ?

No, it was a channel!

off the top of my head i think it was 10mm x 20mm x 10mm

the c model had a thinner chrome trim that went right around the back of the seat and no tail plastic

Drewpy that looks like a good job mate, will have to remember that next time i want some trims,

here itRD250.jpg is

• 1 year later...