Problems with 2001 Yamaha R6

kessas
This post is 6216 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello

One month before I bought 2001 Yamaha R6. First three weeks was everything all-right. But couple days before I stopped. And it's look like he don't wanna charge battery or somthing with Electric part. I Purchased the new battery. It was riding again, but after 15 miles its stop again. Maybe somebody had the same problems or know what it could be? I would be appreciative.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well a new battery could be duff but assuming it isn't, the problem could be a couple of things, get the Alternator checked to see if it's charging .. but could be Regulator/Rectifier that's gone.

• 3 months later...

Helllo

I have a problems with mine R6 2001 electronic part... I have changed already two rectifiers and both have burnt.. Everytime my rectifier is very hot.. "? what is fault for this.. Is it alternator or cables or...? How can I find out by myself? please help me if somebody know what to do?

Best bet would be to get the Alternator checked. Get a Yam dealer (or other COMPETENT garage) and ask to check the wiring etc as well. It may be that you cooked your battery once and changed the reg/rec with out changing the now duff battery so the new reg/rec won't last long, so you change it again only to find it doesn't last long again. get compnent checked before fitting and using otherwise you'll just keep going round in circles.

• 2 weeks later...

]

Hi

Had a similar prob last year with a750 srad. I convinced my self a new battery would cure it. Lucky for me a mate (mechanic) said he would have a look. Turned out to be badly coroded conections to the regulator/rectifier unit that had heated up so bad the connector block had started to melt! A little bit soldering and new wires later to by pass the bad connector and everything was fine. All for the price of a four pack.....so get some one in the know and think regulator/rectifier and go from there.

it may be symantics, but its called a "stator", not alternator. and that is where your problem is at.

A Stator is the part of an electric motor or generator that doesn't move. i.e. Stator plate and is a single part of an Alternator.

A Stator is the part of an electric motor or generator that doesn't move. i.e. Stator plate and is a single part of an Alternator.

true, but we dont call them alternators. magneto may be a more appropriate word, but its commonly a stator. :mellow:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online