a question about bike exhausts?

devonboy161616
This post is 6369 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

:Dhi all,im fitting a tw125 4 stroke into my husqvarna wr 125 2stroke!i have mant reasons for this here are a few: yamaha motors go forever and are the best,my husky is a massive and a very good looking bike,i dont want to ride anything bigger and only use the bike for summer rides,insurance and road tax are dead cheap,although the huskey is very very quick i dont want the hassel to maintain the engine and mix oil with the fuel........any way now for the question...my husky has an expantion pipe and an alley tail pipe,can i leave the alley back box on when i fit the yamaha engine?

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

as you are fitting a 4-stroke i think that you can do away with the expansion chamber. as its only use is for 2-stroke engines to pull in air and petrol. so you can get yourself a new exhaust if your putting a 4storke engine in!! check out leoVince and see if they do one for the engine.

have fun and good luck.; let us know how it goes...

:welcome: to the forum DevonBoy

You might be able to use the alloy end can off the Husky.....IF it'll match up to the diameter of whatever pipe you end up getting for the 4stroke lump.

Sounds like a cool project :thumb: .....love to see some piccies of it when you're finished. ;)