Yamaha Thunderace

Rip55
This post is 5912 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

As i am new to this forum i was hoping that someone out there will give me an honest opion on the Thunderace. I want to buy one after riding my brother-in-laws. What should i be looking for on a bike that has done 51000?

Honest view please. :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My dad had a ThunderAce, it scared me shitless when he rode it fast and I was on the back!. :blink:

But anyhow, it's a bloody good bike and me dad rode from Dorset to Guildford (surrey) approx: 105 miles each way every day for 4 years... the bike never really needed repairs even after all that, ok the odd tyre change and a tune up maybe (I am sooo not a mechanic!)

Probably worth checking for ones with lower milage but that seems ok for the bike, My SR125 has done 42,000 miles since it was made so that seems ok for a little bike.

• 1 year later...

As i am new to this forum i was hoping that someone out there will give me an honest opion on the Thunderace. I want to buy one after riding my brother-in-laws. What should i be looking for on a bike that has done 51000?

Honest view please. :)

Hi

I'm a Thunderace owner and have been for 5 years. Top bike that does it all...I'm sure you'll be aware of that. Mine is '97 (P) and has 14,ooo miles... and as luck would have it, its for sale right now.

Drop me a line at [email protected] if you need any more details.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

How old is your SR? :blink:

mine was 82, and it did 43k

My SR is '86 and ~27K miles. It's been to Helen-back and it looks like it. (Sorry to hijack this thread!) The Thunderace presumably uses the FXR1000EXUP motor or derivative of, which was pretty solid, so there's a good start. Did you check out http://www.bikersoracle.com/thunder/forum/ yet?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online