TZR R eating plugs

mantis
This post is 6090 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

My TZR R is eating plugs, 2 today :angry:

I have checked the settings on the carb 1 1/2 turns out and cleaned up the carb.

The plug looks quite oily and after cleaning does not work, the spark from the bike is ok and when the plugs replaced it starts and runs fine for about 2 miles.

I'm totally shagged out pushing the bike home, twice in one day :blink:

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Rich.

• 8 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

My TZR R is eating plugs, 2 today :angry:

I have checked the settings on the carb 1 1/2 turns out and cleaned up the carb.

The plug looks quite oily and after cleaning does not work, the spark from the bike is ok and when the plugs replaced it starts and runs fine for about 2 miles.

I'm totally shagged out pushing the bike home, twice in one day :blink:

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Rich.

my tzr has started to eatplugs after about every 30 miles, but my spark is quite weak and when i put the same spark plug in a little puch moped the spark is much greater and the puch is a lower voltage. so im thinkning my ignition coil is getting buggered, im guessing if the spark is so weak after a few miles of oil getting burned onto it and oil not burning pproperly the spark could be not enough to ignite the fuel properly anymore, im going to change my coil. if you want to know if it worked sent me a message if you still come on here (Y)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online