Hello!

Tomo
This post is 6371 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all. I am a newbie into the biking world at 25.

I am looking at getting an XT125R Brand new with the view that I may have it a year before taking my test.

I know nothing of bikes currently so buying new will give me the ultimate peace of mind.

Are there any owners of the XT125R on here. Should I post in the relevant bike section for owners views.

Thanks in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi & welcome.

I have no info about the XT125 but buying knew sounds reasonable if you can afford it, and certainly keeping it for a year or so also makes sense. But, the depreciation will be quite high whenever you sell so maybe it might be worth looking for a late secondhand example where someone else has copped the depreciation already?

Good luck and have fun whatever you do, that's what bikes are all about :D

Andy

from what I have been looking at its the strong second hand prices that have been making me consider new. I would never normally dream of buying a new car but for the bike I am looking at it more that I am buying peace of mind and backup.

Looking at prices I would guess on losing £1k in the year which doesnt seem too bad to me at the minute. I will be going back to the bike shop tomorrow to cost up gloves helmet jacket boots etc. Compare that to what you get in the bike deal and the take it from there.

The insurance is coming out at £248TPFT with Lexham which I dont think seems too bad.

hey tomo and welcome to YOC im selling my cbr 125 r its less than 12 months old and is a lovely little bike get in touch if your interested.... ;)

i had an XL125R before my tw,brill bike,well recommened,especially as ur gunna buy new like i did,go for it, ul love it,i had mine for 10months before sum one smashed into it and rode off out side my ex bird place.... and Denise...let me no the specs of ur cbr 125,im interested... and Tomo mate,im with lexham insurence,its the best insurence company,at 19 im paying just under £200 3rd party only but got 6points and 4 other convictions....and ive been banned 3times.....

be safe and ul enjoy ur XL125R...they r wicked bits of kit mate!!!

Rossboy :)

a 125 is ideal for a new rider, the XT is a good bike for what it is, and they can shift in circumstances.

enjoy riding, and welcome :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online