Newbie saying hello - and a quick picture!

Kitty-Cat
This post is 6391 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well hello there, newbie here - oficially saying hello!

done cbt last weekend! been offroading for years! got Direct Access end of month, and here's a quick picture of my pet cat ready and waiting unpatiently for me!

Will be having a good look around and checking whats hot and not!

thanks to the moderators for being so welcoming......

one again thanks!

here it is......

YZR600RThundercat.jpg

if theres any thing i should fashionably do to make my bike any better - let me know!!

always looking to stay ahead! :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well done for the CBT, and good luck with the Direct Access.

That's a nice looking bike you have there. I have no idea about anything you can do to make your bike better, just be careful not to become a fashion victim as it is a bit expensive buying too many accesories which might look nice or sound good but in reality do nothing to improve the bike. My money would go on making sure the tyres are the best, (try asking around about which ones suit the bike and you may find a consensus forms) the brakes are good and the suspension is set up for you.

Otherwise I would spend a few quid on a post test riding course of some sort, maybe the folks who ran your CBT can offer something. It might sound a bit 'lame' but an introduction to 'real world riding' with a tutor could be highly valuable.

Cheers,

Andy

Nah! wont be spending anything on stupid shining parts!!! :thumbdown:

My brother in law who has been riding bikes for around 10yrs had a blast on it when i got it - and he said it felt pretty good - although he rides a fireblade so not quite as powerful as his!

He is roughly the same height as me but i'm 13st and 6ft 2" - he's about 11st and 6ft.... i guess i'll just have to wait till i pass the DA and ride it properly myself and see if it suites my style of riding...

On the subject of the tyres - it currently has the bridgestone bt020 rear and the matching bridgestone tyre for front.

thanks for your comment. :D

Well done on passing your CBT my wife is going to do hers in a couple of weeks never riden a bike before but always wanted too just had problems with her eyes but now she has had lazer surgery done all fine and she cant wait.I still have 2 years mind before she gets her hands on my thundercat as she wants to start on something small first which is probably best i think.

Anyway as for your bike very nice and as for a little bit of BLING why not get some wheel rim tape to break up the black nice bit of orange would do wonders just a thought :D

No to the orange!!

My old man is selling a RD350 1990 model F2 edition which is black with orange/black rims! He'll think i've copied him!!!

P.S. anyone after a 350 let me know! i'll give you his number!

Would prefer a blue wheel rim like the front caliper piston thingys!!

But not sure?

I like all Black too!