XTremely good weekend......

Pete
This post is 6324 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

.....exploring the mountain roads of northern Granada!

Firstly the ascent to La Sagra......

sag1.jpg

You really don't want to get it wrong up here....

sag3.jpg

Parked up near the summit....

sag2.jpg

....where you can see for miles!

xts62.jpg

Then it was on to Santiago (about 40 miles) for a coffee....then back down the mountain.

I decided to follow a forestry track....bloody Siracs are awful on this type of surface.

xts65.jpg

Then turned off the track and went through the forest...

xts63.jpg

Back onto the roads.....congested as usual.....

IMG_0397.jpg

There's dirtriding as far as the eye can see in every direction.

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

But it's a lot of fun on the tarmac too....

IMG_0396.jpg

Ended up in the mountains near Castril.....

xts70.jpg

Great views as usual....

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

Back down to the approach to Huescar....

IMG_0404.jpg

....and battled my way through the heavy traffic again!

xts71.jpg

That's been my weekend......haven't been far....just exploring backroads through the mountains.

And whether you're on the road or on the rough....you can just keep on riding and never see anybody else.

I love Spain! Hope you liked the tour! B)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 3 weeks later...

hello there

fantastic i wish i was there, strangly enough i recently moved to spain and live near Granada, im in Almeria Velez Blanco which is also very mountains and full of dirt tracks. i was looking for a motorbike when i arrived, and wanted some kind of sports tourer. But when i woke up i realised i would NEED an off road endro type bike, after looking around i found the XT 125 R. couple of weeks later i purchased it and love it off the road on the dirt tracks, riding up my local mountain which is 1 min away via dirt tracks. So yer i loved the photos be sure to post more photos of your next tour. If you do like the mountains in spain i will at some point be posting pictures of all the mountains surrounding my house which are big and great to explore.

thanks again

sam :)

i recently moved to spain and live near Granada, im in Almeria Velez Blanco

Hi Sam! You're only about 30-35 miles from me then....I'm in Huescar.....follow the road up through Maria, then Orce, and you're in Huescar.

Oh brill when im free i will take a wonder up there through Maria and Orce,, to see what it is like in that area. i have only been the other way through pureta lumbreas (A92/91) excuse the spelling .

sam

• 2 months later...

.....exploring the mountain roads of northern Granada!

Firstly the ascent to La Sagra......

sag1.jpg

You really don't want to get it wrong up here....

sag3.jpg

Parked up near the summit....

sag2.jpg

....where you can see for miles!

xts62.jpg

Then it was on to Santiago (about 40 miles) for a coffee....then back down the mountain.

I decided to follow a forestry track....bloody Siracs are awful on this type of surface.

xts65.jpg

Then turned off the track and went through the forest...

xts63.jpg

Back onto the roads.....congested as usual.....

IMG_0397.jpg

There's dirtriding as far as the eye can see in every direction.

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

But it's a lot of fun on the tarmac too....

IMG_0396.jpg

Ended up in the mountains near Castril.....

xts70.jpg

Great views as usual....

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

Back down to the approach to Huescar....

IMG_0404.jpg

....and battled my way through the heavy traffic again!

xts71.jpg

That's been my weekend......haven't been far....just exploring backroads through the mountains.

And whether you're on the road or on the rough....you can just keep on riding and never see anybody else.

I love Spain! Hope you liked the tour! B)

Thanks for the beautiful pictures. In San Diego, California I get to see a glimpse of Spain from you.

Glad you liked it....here's another one!

xts92.jpg

The destination was Castril! Rode through the little cobbled streets....

cast1.jpg

.....till I got to the bottom of the religious monument that towers over the top of the town!

cast2.jpg

cast3.jpg

It was still bloody cold so I thought I'd warm up by climbing to the top.....unfortunately most of it was clambering up rocks. As I got near the summit, there was a sort of path....

cast4.jpg

.....and I finally got to the top!

cast8.jpg

And what a view.....there's the XT down below!

cast5.jpg

Take a look at these shots.....

cast9.jpg

cast6.jpg

cast7.jpg

Then it was clamber down to the bottom.....and back on the road!

xts93.jpg

Now this is something that's always amazed me about Spain....how they continue to honour their dead!

You know in Britain how cemeteries and graves get neglected, and even vandalised, well this is how it is in Spain. This is not a one-off.....they're all like this!

cast10.jpg

If something's wrong in Spain then I'll say so.....but in a lot of ways they have got their priorities right. And this one of those cases. In fact, there's one day set aside every year for a national public holiday where complete families honour deceased family members. Family is very important here!

Then it was back on the road towards Huescar....and stopped in my usual petrol station.

You know how I've said expect anything to happen here?

Well here we go, a 6 month old miniature pony tethered between the petrol pumps!

xts94.jpg

He was very impressed with the XT of course!

xts95.jpg

Then it was a quick blast in the bike wash....cos one or two specks of dust had got on the XT.

Dust? On my bikes? With my reputation? Not on my watch! :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online