TRX 850

T Rex 850
This post is 4691 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi ya

Just logged on as a new member, anyone in the Northwest of England got a TRX 850 - just got myself one and its running a bit rough a low speed - anyone with any ideas????

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

Hi mate, welcome aboard! im afraid dont know anything about the trx even though a friend of mine had one :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ya

Just logged on as a new member, anyone in the Northwest of England got a TRX 850 - just got myself one and its running a bit rough a low speed - anyone with any ideas????

Thanks for your replies- think I have sussed out the problem - carbs need totally rebalancing - speak again soon

Cheers :lol:

• 1 year later...

Thanks for your replies- think I have sussed out the problem - carbs need totally rebalancing - speak again soon

Hi i'm in Bury Lancashire. Maybe it's something to do with the North west weather but i'm having exactly the same problem. Thought it was the rain getting into the coils but today it's been totally dry but everytime i slow down or stop at the lights i have to keep blipping the throttle to stop it from stalling. Have been caught out a couple of times while filtering and had some embarrasing moments pushing bike across two lanes of moving traffic.

Most of the use the bike gets is commuting in all weather so i've decided it's got to go (making way for an MZ baghira) but i need to know what the prob is because don't want to sell it while it's like this. I'm convinced it's an easy problem to fix. I'm gonna take tank, filter off etc and get in there and give it all a clean and dry out. Also gonna whip the spark plugs out to see if the colour gives me any indication of whether the carbs are at fault. Suspect it may be running a bit rich.

Anyway, please let me know how you get on and i will do the same, hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it.

Best Regards - Rob.

P.s i'm a new member as well, first post.

Hey mate trav here from australia... its prolly your emulsion tubes are worn dude... same thing happened to mine... if your bike has a jet kit... its not good trx's dont really like em they tend to kill emulsion tubes...

• 1 month later...

Hi ya

hi mate, i live in radcliffe near bury,england, ive got a 1997 trx and mines running rich (to much fuel) at the minute,the carbs on these things need balencing regulary ..so im told, ive got beowulf cans on mine but it was running rich on the standard cans anyway. getting mine sorted with a dynojet kit and set up on rolling road before summer,but ive heard that this could,actually make it worse ! by wearing out the emulsion tubes in the carbs, ill let you know what our local expert says...good luck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

hi guys, new here myself. just bought a trx doin ok so far. seems a few local guys here (bury).

Cor how far back did you go to find this thread its donkeys years old. Apart from Alex all those members will be long gone.

Start your own thread with a proper intro, you will get a much better response. B)

Cor how far back did you go to find this thread its donkeys years old. Apart from Alex all those members will be long gone.

Start your own thread with a proper intro, you will get a much better response. B)

...and they had a mixture of problems, some had carb-icing [on the trx caused by low coolant levels] and poor low speed running caused by worn emulsion tubes or choke mechanism.