VIN help

Mogness

Hi all, I’m new to this site and hope someone can help me.
I have recently bought myself a 1995 xj600s (UK) diversion.
Unfortunately it seems the 17digit vin sticker has been removed due to unknown reasons, the only number I have left is the riveted on plate and stamped 9 digit on the frame.
I’ve done a hpi and matched the last 5 digits to the current frame number which I believe is a good start.
I need the 17digit version for applying for a new logbook as the previous owner never received it when he bought the bike.
Everything so far looks legit based on the hpi; I have tried but to no avail created a matching 17 vin from the 9
Long question short is it possible to convert the 9 digit to 17?

The 9 digit is 4BR-212432, 
colour is VDBM,
It says 4BRA-050 on a sticker on the frame.

I really hope someone can help.
Thanks in advance, Morgan

PS - I have posted this in xj riders forum, but that site is being closed and don’t recon I will get much response 

Not sure what happened to the text there 😅

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
48 minutes ago, Mogness said:

Unfortunately it seems the 17digit vin sticker has been removed due to unknown reasons, ... ...

I need the 17digit version for applying for a new logbook as the previous owner never received it when he bought the bike. ... ...

Frankly, I'd start by taking it to the police (BEFORE you spend any more money on it) and ask them if it's nicked and work from there...

I have enough information to convince me it’s not stolen. To be fair the HPI covers everything like that and the report says “never reported stolen”

I’ll try my local police station when I’m free.😅

Not reported stolen under both police and insurance on the hpi

Thanks for the reply. Been a while since I’ve been on the forums. I’ve forgotten the whole etiquette 😂