SR125 1991 - Rough ๐Ÿ˜€

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeah, that does look a little rough! And possibly like it's frame has been modified! lol.

I like that you're apparently fixing some of it with a hammer though...ย :Dย 

• Haha 1

If you canโ€™t fix it with a hammer then it must be electrical!

ย 

yes, previous owner did rather a hacksaw job on the frame, I can see what he was aiming for but craftsman he was not!

current issue I have is CDI Unit. One unit and the bike will only tickle 50mph, the other it runs like a dream 60mph plus for about 12 miles, then misfires and conks out. Iโ€™m trying to find out if there is a modern workaround / new unit that can be made to workย 

I suspect neither of them are set at factory settings...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a 91 sr125 barn find, cdi is completely gone after many many hours of struggling and fault finding, cannot find the cdi code 5HO- M0 anywhere, I don't believe a newer cdi will work as 3 wires match and the rest are completely different i found... decided not to bugger up the original wiring and after lots of searching I stumbled across a company in Switzerland that has a direct replacement cdi for the 5HO-M0 cdi used 1982-94 which is more performance orientated yet matching the timing etc of the original cdi and what not, it also has connectors for a rev guage which is always a plus! It's a tad costly but I have ordered one and will be giving a go!

Here is the link if its of any use!

https://moto.chumm-ine.ch/shop/gb/startseite/23-zuendmodul-yamaha-sr-125.html

ย 

ย 

Edited by YamaMatt

• 4 weeks later...