Jump to content



Recommended Posts

Hi, I've purchased two damaged bikes off Ebay and have built a bike from their parts, apart from buying a replacement frame from Germany that came complete with the necessary papers.

I have checked on the Government website and both the bikes show up with the registration details. What are the procedures for registering the new build which included one of the original engines?  I am really against having to have the Dreaded "Q" plate.

Can anyone help?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well, you like making it difficult for yourself...

Since you used a 3rd frame, the other two don't really exist anymore (since the BIKE is the frame).
I suspect you'll either have to sell the two frames, or, scrap them (don't forget you have to have all THREE Sorned if they're not currently on the road).

After that, you probably just need to register the 3rd frame with the correct engine number.

To do this, phone the DVLA up, general number, they'll put you onto the right department or form...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Who's Online (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...