Better halogen headlight bulbs for Fzs

Jules65
This post is 497 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My brother-in-law has a 2000 Fzs fazer 600IMG-20220724-WA0000.jpg and needs to improve the headlight bulbs. He doesn't want LED. He has looked at Osram. I tried the 150% brighter version on my XJ6s,  but the plastic lens got really hot, so I've reverted to 5000k 55/60 H4. If anyone has any ideas for the Fazer, it would be appreciated. I have attached a pic of the Fazer's headlights.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
On 11/1/2022 at 8:12 PM, Jules65 said:

My brother-in-law has a 2000 Fzs fazer 600IMG-20220724-WA0000.jpg and needs to improve the headlight bulbs. He doesn't want LED. He has looked at Osram. I tried the 150% brighter version on my XJ6s,  but the plastic lens got really hot, so I've reverted to 5000k 55/60 H4. If anyone has any ideas for the Fazer, it would be appreciated. I have attached a pic of the Fazer's headlights.

Thanks Drewpy, I'll check them out.

• 2 weeks later...

No, if they're not designed for LED, don't get them. LED need specially shaped mirrors, and normal ones don't cut it so they actually don't work as well!

Be careful about upgrading your bulbs, many that are sold in shops turn out not to be legal on the road!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online