DT175 MX Petrol cap tubing

ChrisJ63
This post is 658 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Christian, Welcome to the YOC. Ok mate I am not being sarcastic here but there are loads of "tubes" on bikes so a little more info if you would. A photo is better or a description of the part and the place it occupies would help. We like to help other bikers so come back with another question and details so we can help. :)

Just a breather for the tank, no?

I think they normally just route down the front of the tank towards the forks

Hi there Christian, being the owner of a 78 DT175MX i can confirm that Finnerz is correct, it is just the breather tube for the petrol cap (as mentioned in your title).

I poke my breather tube down between the front yoke of the steering, it stays there quiet happily throughout the ride. Never had a problem with mine, although after 40 years the rubber can perish and, after several decades, they can end up a lot shorter!, I think I replaced mine with a length of nitrle rubber a few years ago.

tank

Another purpose, other than a breather, is if the bike is laid down (in the mud on a trial...as it was designed!!) then fuel doesn't pour all over the painted tank.

Hope that helps, and welcome to the group.

Edited by NE0

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online