Annoying

F6mark
This post is 660 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I recently purchased the YZF R125 60th anniversary edition in February and very pleased with it except for the annoying rear brake pedal, for me I find it is set too high as I have to lift my foot and swing it over to operate it, in an emergency this may be an issue, all my previous bikes this was not a problem as I could comfortably hover my foot over it so it’s ready to operate in any circumstance.
Is there a modification or an adjustment that could be made to bring the pedal down another 25mm?
Your advice or help with this would be appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Someone else should get to you with the technicalities, but I do have an observation...

You shouldn't be hovering your foot over your break (or under). Finish using brake, move foot backwards into proper riding position.

Nice bike though, but I'd be surprised if it didn't offer the ability to alter the height of the leaver.

• Like 1

Hi there, as Snake above has said, he'd be surprised if it didn't offer the ability to alter the height, so i took a look at some promotional photos on google.

As it's a brand new bike, there's some interesting photos of the bike on various websites. https://www.appleyardmotorcycles.co.uk/used-motorcycle/yamaha-yzf-r125-world-gp-60th-anniversary-2022-32629

https://www.motogb.co.uk/used-bikes/yamaha-yzf-r125-world-gp-60th-anniversary-2022-32128

in the gallery sections I notice the top of the pedal is just below the support bracket seen behind it. The first question is, does yours match the promotional photos? or is yours set higher? if it is, then it should be adjusted to match. The place you bought it from should be able to reposition it.

In this utube video, pause it at 2mins 53 for a nice view of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaDkByqGPiE

Secondly, and no disrepect implied here, are you riding it in the designed foot position? I notice the riders in the photos have their mid foot on the peg and their heel over the exhaust, are you for example riding it with your foot too far forward? or are you too tall for the bike?

I say that last bit for a reason, you see my 400/4 is designed for someone shorter than me, I'm six foot, some say I look too big on it but it's a lovely bike and I don't care if I'm technically too tall for it! but with size 12 feet it does mean I had to alter my foot position to ride it, in the end I too had to alter the angle of the brake pedal to ride it comfortably.

Ok thanks for the advice

i’m 5ft11 so I wouldn’t say I was too big for the bike and my riding position feels natural, on my previous bike I could hover my foot over the pedal but still had some clearance as well as my foot at rest so in an emergency there’s no hesitation, the added time taken to apply the brake is somewhat disconcerting. I have emailed Yamaha but by they’re response I don’t think they’re interested, I’ve also emailed the dealer but not had a response. I can live with it but it’s just a bit annoying.

Anyway thanks for the input

• Thanks 1

Thank you Neo

it looks like that’s from an earlier model as that adjustment is hidden behind a frame but the set up is similar so I’ll give it a go at the weekend.

I assume it’s not rocket science so well within my capabilities 

great stuff Neo and thanks again 

• Thanks 1

On 6/6/2022 at 2:44 PM, F6mark said:

Ok thanks for the advice

i’m 5ft11 so I wouldn’t say I was too big for the bike and my riding position feels natural, on my previous bike I could hover my foot over the pedal but still had some clearance as well as my foot at rest so in an emergency there’s no hesitation, the added time taken to apply the brake is somewhat disconcerting. I have emailed Yamaha but by they’re response I don’t think they’re interested, I’ve also emailed the dealer but not had a response. I can live with it but it’s just a bit annoying.

Anyway thanks for the input

Once you get used to putting your foot back where it's meant to be, there's no hesitation.
Don't E-Mail the dealer, pop in out of the blue and say: "Hi, this bike you sold me, the rear break position is all wrong for me and poses a safety issue..." They want your money, they want you to keep the bike, believing there's a safety issue with the bike is a valid reason to demand a return! They'll sort it for you, probably on the spot!!! :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online