Hello!

jtreg
This post is 702 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Back in 1973 I bought an RD250 from the horrid bike dealer Gambier Reeks. I holed a piston and dropped in a 350cc engine rather than repair. The RD I had was the round tank edition with blue paintwork. I was young and naive with no mechanical background (then)... so when the small ends went, regrettably I sold it and bought a 500-4.

Later, in 90's I bought an FJ1200 and kept her for 13 years, an awesome bike she ate consumables but was a 'rocket sofa' LOL....

I had several bikes over the years, too many to mention here - eventually I succumbed to getting onto a  BMW GSA Adventure - it was stolen and  I saw sense decided to be more practical, thoughtfully got an XT660z (second hand of course). She goes everywhere with me, I am off to Norkapp and also, later this year to Switzerland. We went to Berlin in January before C-19... 

Yamahas have SOUL and are not ridden by berks, in the main scheme of things. I have ridden, despatched, taught and worked on bikes for 45 years now...

1995 R1100RS sits in the garage (want to sell her), next to a 1984 R80RT I have had her for last 30 years!

So - nice to be her,

cheers, 

James

Edited by jtreg
typo

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hihi!

Welcome in James, and a great intro, thanks for that.

You're bound to have a great level of experience, so hopefully you stick around and contribute to the forum.