'09 Big Bang wont start

This post is 641 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just bought an '09 big bang, my first, as a mini project that needed a good tidy and tlc.
Started ok before buying, but hasnt started since I got it back. Had a 22 error code and
I replaced the sensor, knowing that wasnt the root.

Wasnt till I tried again I heard the pump prime and it fired up, but didnt run long. Rarely
is the pump priming, but when it does it starts.
When the pump doesnt prime there is a faint high pitched whine.

Any opinions on the best fault finding path? Where to start first? I have an incling it may
may be the ignition, as I've had that with another bike. But this is the first bike I've owned
with a red key/immobiliser. Are ignition replacements as straightforward because of this?
The key is very hard to turn in the old ignition.

Thanks in anticipation.

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Pump spins when 12v applied.

Chased the connections from the ignition, but although the key is v sticky, it seems to be making the right connections. 

Anyone tell me where the fuel pump relay is? To check the volts there?

Thanks

On 5/17/2022 at 2:03 PM, Gingerchili said:

Just bought an '09 big bang, my first, as a mini project that needed a good tidy and tlc.
Started ok before buying, but hasnt started since I got it back. Had a 22 error code and
I replaced the sensor, knowing that wasnt the root.

Wasnt till I tried again I heard the pump prime and it fired up, but didnt run long. Rarely
is the pump priming, but when it does it starts.
When the pump doesnt prime there is a faint high pitched whine.

Any opinions on the best fault finding path? Where to start first? I have an incling it may
may be the ignition, as I've had that with another bike. But this is the first bike I've owned
with a red key/immobiliser. Are ignition replacements as straightforward because of this?
The key is very hard to turn in the old ignition.

Thanks in anticipation.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately I can't help. No knowledge of modern bikes electronics, and have no one to recommend, sorry 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online