Ordering Workshop Manual

Alright all,

I've just bought my daughter a XSR 125 as her first bike and wanted to lower it for her. Obviously there's no Haynes for it as it's a new bike, and finding torque settings appears to be mission impossible, but I was wondering whether it's actually possible to order the service manual from Yamaha. I'd rather not get some shady pdf from some dubious site and our local Yamaha dealer's about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.  All the bikes I've had in the past, you could either get a Haynes for or you could buy the manual from the manufacturer, but either my Google-fu's failing or this doesn't seem to be the case with Yamaha.

Any tips gratefully received

Cheers

Bob

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It looks like there may be a couple of hole options on the frame for the rear shock rocker to connect to, I'd check that out first.
The other obvious option would be a lower seat.
However, personally, I'd see how she goes with it first, remember, you kinda grow into bikes. As she relaxes she'll be able to get her feet down further...

• Like 1

I've already got a set of lowering links for it - figured she'll be more relaxed if she can get her feet a little flatter on the ground and then as she gets the miles under her belt and a bit more confidence I can always throw the originals back on.  Even though the XSR's a doddy wee thing, so's she and she wants to get into the spannering side of things too :) Also I'm pretty sure the MT125 she's learning on has been lowered - I can stand over that thing without touching the seat

So Yamaha got in touch today and said for hard copy, contact local dealer or they'll email me a pdf. Result. Now my kid can learn how to spanner her own bike :)

Edited by Tomintoul
  • Like 2

Well done mate, thanks for the follow up

• Like 1

That's great, remember tho always check her work if she is a newb at spannering. Good luck to you both.

• Like 1

Oh she won't be going near any of my tools without me looking over her shoulder :D

Looks like I spoke too soon! Yamaha got back really quickly and e-mailed the Owner's Manual through 🤦‍♂️ Have replied asking for a Service / Workshop manual - let's see if they'll be as helpful this time 🤞

Brilliant, well done, and kudos to Yamaha UK for their service

• Like 1

Yeah, I was really surprised, but they were really friendly and helpful. If only more manufacturers could be like that :D

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/4/2022 at 2:21 PM, Tomintoul said:

Yamaha came through! They just e-mailed me the Service Manual. I am now the happy owner of mystical torque specs :D

Me too, could you send me a copy too please? :D

• 1 month later...
On 5/4/2022 at 3:21 PM, Tomintoul said:

Yamaha came through! They just e-mailed me the Service Manual. I am now the happy owner of mystical torque specs :D

Hello, 

can I somewhow ask for a copy of that manual too please (can send you my email address)?

Happy owner of XSR 125 Legacy since last few months. Thank you. 

On 5/12/2023 at 5:28 PM, MattyG said:

Hello Tomintoul is there a chance you could email me the service manual?

I have also got the xsr125 and tried to contact Yamaha but they are reluctant to send me the manual.

Hi MattyG, 

did you manage to get that service manual for XSR 125? Yamaha are not so keen to share. 

Can I have a copy please?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi MattyG,

Could you please send me that .pdf copy - I have a 2022 where the speedo has stopped working, would be great to be able to check the wiring diagram to check for electric faults before I start buying parts.

Thanks

Hey all,

Sorry - haven't been checking in - will PM you all. Thanks to Snakebite for popping me a message giving me a heads up about this

Cheers

Bob

OK, so it appears I can't PM anyone. I'm guessing it's because I'm a newb with bugger all posts to my name. Anyone know how many posts I need to be able to PM? I suppose I could just post whore my way up to the relevant number :D

Cheers

Think you'll find that PM is only available to paid members. I've recently gone from Free to Paid and now I can PM people, whereas that feature wasn't available on my free account.

Yup ,confirmed on the https://yamahaclub.com/forums/subscriptions/ page. On the FREE user account on the far right it states:-(Limited functionality - E.g. Excludes use of Garage, Gallery, PM)

Tomintoul is e-mailing me a copy, I'll harvest e-mails from those that have shown interest and forward it along... :D
Thanks Tomintoul!