Yamaha FZR600 3HE 1990

bsa945
This post is 699 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Decided to get roadworthy after Around 11 years stuck in garage. Just taken fuel tank out and carbs off. All fairings off (have been since it was difficult to start some 11 yrs ago ) 

1st issue ; front brake master cylinder has taken off some of the black paint around reservoir and control switch. Opened up reservior, it has turned a little jelly like. What is best way to clean out the old brake fluid in the system so I can clean up and repaint.

2nd issue; exhaust bolts snapped off trying to remove. Got exhaust off but only two bolts came out well. Any ideas how to remove the broken remains of the bolts. Last resort will be trying to take down to alloy casing and centre drilling, to use stud extractor.mhopefully not damage internal thread in the alloy.

3rd issue; offside carb was dripping fuel when last tried to run bike. So may need to strip and clean out. Anyone know best source of carb gasket set. So I can refurb them.

that will get me further on.

still contemplating full strip and refurb of all parts. But may focus on getting her running first.

What's best way to add photo's on this forum? 

Paul C.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

for carb gaskets try NRP in manchester, I also use the ethanol resistant gaskets from https://litetek.co/Carb_Kit_Yamaha_FZR600.html

for photos get a link via photobucket or a free service

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, drewby. Will check em out.

Has anyone tried the Rear Brake discs from China. Not sure they wear well but close to the same pattern as used originally. 

May have to go with diferent pattern, if the china ones are not up to it.

Mine on the bike has numerous cracks, so needs a replacement.

Paul C

Think brake disks from metal will work better...

Could not resist, I'll get my coat.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Cynic said:

Think brake disks from metal will work better...

Could not resist, I'll get my coat.

There's always one 😂

On 4/19/2022 at 9:08 PM, bsa945 said:

1st issue ; front brake master cylinder has taken off some of the black paint around reservoir and control switch. Opened up reservior, it has turned a little jelly like. What is best way to clean out the old brake fluid in the system so I can clean up and repaint.

2nd issue; exhaust bolts snapped off trying to remove. Got exhaust off but only two bolts came out well. Any ideas how to remove the broken remains of the bolts. Last resort will be trying to take down to alloy casing and centre drilling, to use stud extractor.mhopefully not damage internal thread in the alloy.

3rd issue; offside carb was dripping fuel when last tried to run bike. So may need to strip and clean out. Anyone know best source of carb gasket set. So I can refurb them.

Hihi...

1/

I'd be inclined to ditch the hoses and get new ones anyway, if they're originals, they'll be toast.
Reservoirs are 10 a penny, if it doesn't clean easily, just get a new one.
It's your callipers that you need to concentrate on, strip them down and give them a damn good cleaning!

2/

Bad things!!! Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot battle lance!
Cough up some cash and pass the problem to a reputable bike garage.

3/

Google is your friend, it looks like there's loads of options out there..! :D