XVS650 exhaust

Gettafeck
This post is 728 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Sorry about this but another question...The exhaust on this heap is NOT coming off. Not sure what the previouse owner did but its a rusty mess, see pic. My question, can i get rid (cut off) the pipe between the two exhausts? If i can do this without comprimising the engine I can get two single baffels to put on. Hope I have made myself clear and any help greatly appriciated as always.

IMG_1935.jpg

IMG_1933.jpg

IMG_1934.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That's the sort of job I take to the professionals! (man they must hate me walking in... lol)

• Haha 1

It is possible to remove these bolts but as above you need patience and care. I have been known to use a "nut spliter" to cut the nut off and then remove the stud afterwards. if you try to remove the nut and stud in one you will almost certainly break off the stud in the head which will lead to swearing and tantrums!

I use a thermal coil tool on really stubborn nuts and studs, works most of the time but can still snap off if your a gorilla.

us%2FLSJR1KW10220VNC58V2%2Fsource-img%2F

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online