Who's still about?

MrCardboardDave
This post is 765 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

How's it going every one? 

I've not ridden bar a couple of hire mopeds on holiday since I brought my tiger to squires and we went on ride out to Scarborough. That's got to be atleast 5 years.  Sold on and left without a bike was a big difference in life cause I used to ride me, far and wide in all weather's and all hours. Met some great people attended some great days out. How I never got any points or anything I'll never know cause I rode that TDR singing all the way. 

It's still around. I kept it for a long time but unfortunately I couldn't keep it anymore and it's not with a lad I know in boxes. 

I've managed to track down my Tiger last month and delt for it back unfortunately it's in a bad way having done one European then parked in a leaking garage with a full tank 🥺 since 2017. Wouldn't be a problem but these steamer tigers have plastic tanks. It's well oxidized as well. It's all doable. 

I've been homeless for a while well living in a car for a year. Thing's have changed and I've now found affordable housing so that's good. 

I had me hgv licence revoked and my car for a bit but that's back now and I'm due my hgv back anytime soon. Tip here is never tell a doctor anything. That help you asking for could cost you everything. You can't drive a wagon if you low so they take it off you and you've just got to deal with it and some how stay afloat. 

Well I hope you all still around and doing well. 

I've just the two bikes now. Neither currently on the road. My old Triumph Tiger and a Triumph Sprint I bought on the way home from picking up the tiger. Not many people seem to want them, shame cause these 900 (885cc) triples are great bikes with a lovely bark

Davy 

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice to see you back mate. 

Ethanol in fuel ruins plastic tanks, be even worse now with the e10.

It's a bit quiet on here these days but most of the same faces are still around

Sorry to hear of your troubles bud, but glad you seem to be coming back from them. As finnerz said, a lot of the auld faces still pop in, but it has been a lot quieter of late. Hopefully pick up again as the weather improves, so people posting pics and stories of their rides/adventures etc

yep, still here, remember the tdr well was proper quick. Yes i agree when it comes to doctors and hgv, don't tell them shit unless you have to.

We all battle on waiting for better things. It'll be good to get behind the bars again be even better to get get back behind the wheel of a wagon again or other way around 😂  either way can't afford one without other.  

Be nice to just throw tent on a head off somewhere you know.  Freedom.

Good to catch up with you guys.  

i remember your TDR with the athena kit, proper quick and a hoot.
Great to see you come out the other side, well done.

Tommy and I were out your area last year before the second lockdown and the weather turned.

We're hoping to meet again this year and have mooted north devon, mervin country