YOC Meet 22

This post is 560 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right,

I'm going to stick my head up above the parapet and ask who's up for it?

Would be nice to get some dates and destinations decided. Could also extend it onto Facebook if people approve, get the numbers up.

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Could be interesting...

Ok as the bloody covid is at last coming to a conclusion we should start thinking about a meet, where and when? Can be nice and warm in April if you want to go early in the year or wait till June- July if that makes it easier for everyone! Down in the west country is usually warmer than anywhere in the UK, Devon or Cornwall would be great I suppose and the roads are tiny and Exmoor can be interesting or out to Lands end if you fancy a windy morning. Lots of camp sites and small pubs and even a hotel or two :) . Just sayin!

• Like 2

I agree with slice, have always wanted to ride the Atlantic highway myself, all the way down. The roads from Barnstaple down are ace. Mervin is somewhere near Bude (on the Atlantic highway) im sure he could find some cheeky camping spots for us.

As for time, after the last year or two i could happily do 2 or 3 runs this year.

i've got scout camp end july beginning august for 1 week.

couple of running and cycling races coming up.

If you guys make a date and location i'll do my best to get there. I'm great with Devon, used to live there, some great biking roads.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, All,

I'd be up for a potter out. The only drawback I have is being a troglodyte in the tourist industry means that I need plenty of notice to try to get a weekend off, especially during the high season.

Apart from that - I'm game...

Cheers

Red

On 2/10/2022 at 1:02 PM, slice said:

Ok as the bloody covid is at last coming to a conclusion we should start thinking about a meet, where and when? Can be nice and warm in April if you want to go early in the year or wait till June- July if that makes it easier for everyone! Down in the west country is usually warmer than anywhere in the UK, Devon or Cornwall would be great I suppose and the roads are tiny and Exmoor can be interesting or out to Lands end if you fancy a windy morning. Lots of camp sites and small pubs and even a hotel or two :) . Just sayin!

On 2/10/2022 at 2:21 PM, finnerz89 said:

May is pretty much out for me.

July could be good?

Well i have holiday to use and a bike that needs using, what about an early bird in April. From me bude is 268 miles, (done it once or twice) by motorway/dc and avoiding that would add a chunk on so 300 as a guess. Lands end would be another 70 or so. If that's picked as a specific end point so its a good trip. 

If doing the Atlantic highway is the aim maybe camp somewhere like Barnstaple so we can all hook up, then go for the lizzard or Lands End, whatever, hell do both. Back to Barnstaple for the evening then home. That would prob give most of us around 200 miles a day which with plenty of fag/coffee and subsequent pee🥵 stops is plenty doable.

Opinions?

Well I'm out. 'No surprise there' a few of the regulars will think. But.....this year I have the perfect, if totally unwanted, excuse. Back in early December I ended up contracting a rare brain infection, autoimmune encephalitis which resulted in me taking a full seizure and spending Xmas in hospital, and I'm going back in this Monday because my treatment plan is not as effective as the Drs hoped it would be.

Anyway long story boring, I've had to surrender my licence and the neurologist said he won't support a return for at least 9 months. I've also had to stick in for IHR at work as he won't support a return there either.

Positive being he believes a good recovery will happen  so not all doom and gloom.

Happy to keep involved with the forum  so keep this about the 22 meet.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Well, that sucks...

• Thanks 1

Hell's teeth Jimmy kept that to yourself mate! So a year off the road it is but you will be back. We can all wait so you can catch up with us, we will have to take lot's of photo's so you can pretend your there. Just think you can now strip the bike down and spend lot's of cash on new mod's. Just tell everyone you have been banned for a year! That should make a few eye's bulge. If we can do anything just ask. Take care and get well soon mate.

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear that Jim 😔

As slice says, you'll have to love vicariously through us for a bit!

April could work for me, I'll check the dates with work first though

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, finnerz89 said:

Sorry to hear that Jim 😔

As slice says, you'll have to love vicariously through us for a bit!

April could work for me, I'll check the dates with work first though

I have 9 days to book by the end of june so sooner you can let me know the sooner i can check, we haul mainly car spares and building stuff which has taken a dive thanks to covid so i should be ok. 

• Like 1

wow, Jimmy, that's a bummer mate. Hope it'll work out for you as I'm sure it will.

I like you're staying positive.

• Thanks 1

Cheers bud, and it gives me more time to peruse this and other forums seeing pics of folk out on their bikes

Here's a wee memory for you Drewps

20180714_112018.jpg

20180714_112032.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 12:13 PM, jimmy said:

Cheers bud, and it gives me more time to peruse this and other forums seeing pics of folk out on their bikes

Here's a wee memory for you Drewps

20180714_112018.jpg

20180714_112032.jpg

great times Jimmy. that was a great tour

On 3/6/2022 at 4:09 PM, Cynic said:

I have 9 days to book by the end of june so sooner you can let me know the sooner i can check, we haul mainly car spares and building stuff which has taken a dive thanks to covid so i should be ok. 

April is good for me other than the weekend of the 23rd/24th

Early april it is the. Lets see what we can do.

• Like 1

Have put in for the weekend 9th/10th of April.