Tool advice required...

Snakebite68
This post is 845 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Brake/clutch bleeding...

So, I forked out for a relatively cheap but decent vacuum bleeding kit, it 'works', but you still get a bit of bleed past through the bleed nipple threads.

I'm told that a pressure bleeder is MUCH better. But, which one?

Anyone know about these things? Are there different ones for cars & bikes?

They're not cheap, so I don't wanna pick the wrong option, any suggestions?
And, do any of them work with non standard (read that as not round) reservoir?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What you have is fine, i use the same thing. Just accept the bit of side bleed as a means to get the lines/system full of fluid. Then do the last little bit the old fashioned way.

Don't forget your pulling vacuum at the bleed nipple so no air actually gets into the system its just going in the threads then out. Not up into the pipework.

• Like 1

I use one as well and it's fine. 

If you really want you can put PTFE tape on the bleed nipple threads to stop it from pulling air in that way

• Like 1

1 hour ago, finnerz89 said:

I use one as well and it's fine. 

If you really want you can put PTFE tape on the bleed nipple threads to stop it from pulling air in that way

Yeah, I considered that, but it seems a bit of a faff when I could just do it with better equipment! lol

2 hours ago, Cynic said:

Don't forget your pulling vacuum at the bleed nipple so no air actually gets into the system its just going in the threads then out. Not up into the pipework.

See, I thought that too, but because of the extra air, I pulled a LOT more fluid through than I should have, and it just seemed a waste...