Bike losing all power????

PaulYoung88
This post is 846 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hoping someone else has had this problem??? 2000 XJ900S, turn the bike on and ignition lights etc all on. Hit the ignition and I hear 2 clicks and then everything goes dead. No lights/horn/etc. Turn it on and off and still nothing. Go back half an hour later, disconnect the battery and reconnect and everything lights up again, but hit ignition again and 2 clicks and dead again. Anyone got any ideas??? Thanks. Paul

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not sure. Only bought the bike a few weeks ago. Hadn’t used it for a week so put it on charge and it seemed to have charged ok???
I thought it might have been a fuse that had blown the first time, but they all looked ok and everything came on the second time , but then all died off again after I hit the ignition

I'd try another battery if possible, or a jump start off a car (without the engine running)

All the signs of a bad battery, possibly a dead cell so it has voltage but as soon as it comes under load, nothing.

Have you tried reconnecting the battery WITHOUT waiting the half hour (just wait a couple of mins before reconnecting it)? What effect?

Paul, as Cynic said. All the signs of a bad battery, possibly a dead cell so it has voltage but as soon as it comes under load, nothing.
I've had a similar situation and literally you can start the bike and everything seems normal, turn the bike off, come back in 30 mins and the battery is dead.
Why did they ever get rid of kickstarts?
Mike.

• Haha 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online