New to all this.

docandy
This post is 856 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there and at the age of nearly 65 I'm very new to biking. Having never ridden a motorbike in my life (5 minutes on my brother-in-law's old honda 40 years ago barely counts!) I bought myself a Moped a year ago, a Yamaha Neos 50. It had been off the road for many years, so I took it apart and rebuilt it with the help of various internet sites and got it through an MOT. It was great fun riding it around and my son-in-law, who is a mad keen biker told me I'd soon be hooked. He wasn't wrong and in July my grandson and I did our CBT, very pleased to pass. He has a Yamaha YS and I've now got the son-in-law's old Yamaha XT 125R, which, again, needed a lot of fixing to get it running after being laid up for a while. So. yes, I'm hooked and looking forward to a whol load of fun in the future.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This is just the start...

Easy upgrade, a Suzuki Bandit.

17 hours ago, Snakebite68 said:

This is just the start...

Easy upgrade, a Suzuki Bandit.

Oh. Dofus. Yoc remember. Should say 600 fazer. 

No gold star for you... :)

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Cynic said:

Oh. Dofus. Yoc remember. Should say 600 fazer. 

No gold star for you... :)

Damnit..!
Momentary lapse of reason... :(

• Haha 1

Welcome in Doc' and please ignore Snakebite's Bandit comment, the whole biking world knows that the best first bigger bike you can get after you pass your test is a 1998-2003 Fazer 600 (the later model the better!).

But now isn't the time to worry about upgrading your bike, its about upgrading your riding skills. Ride as much as you can, learn as much as you can and sign up for some advanced training as soon as you feel comfortable. You've made a great and sensible start to your riding career, lets hope you have a long one.

Too many riders say "I've got 20 years experience, I don't need any more training" - what they're really saying is "I've got one day of experience that I've repeated for 20 years", because they never learned anything, just did the same thing over and over again.

Although these guys are American, everything they preach (apart from travelling on the opposite side of the road) and teach is what you need to know. Here's a link  to their beginners cornering guide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjLVwTGt2Ds

Good luck and happy riding 👍

Edited by Oldfjman

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online