Wr 125x

Adam c
This post is 858 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys I have a problem with my wr 125x mid ride I lost all my electrics I.e lights, indicators, brake lights, horn, speedo/hud  everything. the only thing working is cut off switch, start button and the bike still starts and runs fine. I have checked fuses and they all are fine  has anyone got any idea what it could be 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there, As Blackhat says "loose connection!".....in view that you've lost everything, then it's likely that the main earth connection is either loose or corroded. Somewhere on the frame will be a metal tag with the earth wire attached. It tends to be in safe place in the central part of the bike, under the seat.(or in the vicinity of it). The negative terminal on the battery is NOT the same as the main earth of the wiring harness.

NE0

Edited by NE0
  • Like 1

Nah. Not the earth my money is battery failed internally or something close to it. 

Start at the battery at the very least. 

Losing all of the circuits which have various feeds and numerous earth paths (which the engine needs to run) says battery fault or a broken terminal/connection very close to it. 

The engine generates its own juice. If it was a honda you would be walking. 

Trouble is he states:-  the only thing working is cut off switch, start button and the bike still starts and runs fine.

Which implies the battery is working if the start button turns the engine over.

Hence why I thought it might be Earth failure as he's lost everything else.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online