It's FIXED!!!

Snakebite68
This post is 833 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Yey!

We can post again!!! :D

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well, whatever the problem is, we need a way to contact the Admin that doesn't include posts and PMs, neither of which work when this happens..!

• Like 1

I can contact Alex, but from my end it was working so hard to tell him what was wrong.

I'm on facebook so peeps can message me from the YOC page there.

• Like 1

The Facebook page isn't really reliable for fault reporting.
I wasn't the only person that posted there that the forums were acting up... :(

As the forum is working now, why don't you PM Alex and ask for a solution.

He has emailed me in the past, but I'll leave it to him to pass out his address

It's a wierd bug... Not something I'd generally expect from Invision.
The problem is that the 'Contact Us' link takes you to a board based emailing system, which is of course also affected by the bug, so is rendered useless.

There are a couple of options...

1/ When sending PMs, the message field is REQUIRED to have text in it (I'm moderately sure that when this bug appears, you can still type in the 'title field'). If the requirement for for text in the message field was removed, it would be possible to send a PM with only a title (thus still getting a 'IT DOESN'T WORK!' message through!

2/ Add a 'forums trouble' button in the 'Contact Us' window. That shouldn't be too hard to implement!
So instead of sending a mail, it just sends an automated message to whoever stating that there are forum issues... :D

• Like 1

Correct snakey"  , you cant  reply or message anyone on here ,[ when this glich  happens]   i posted on facebook,.. this FIELD REQUIRED ,happens  quite a lot,,

• 1 month later...

So... We're back from ANOTHER attack of the 'FIELD REQUIRED' bug...

Can we know what's causing this? Is it a bug in the Invision program, a host based problem or malicious intervention?

If it's a bug in the forum software, we should be contacting Invision.

If it's a host problem, what are they doing to stop it happening?
If it's external intervention, is whatever we post on here and our data secure?